2001 ford taurus stock amp problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

193dBman
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
VA
Howdy, i blew my stock amp in my car. From the title you'll know what car it is. The amp is behind the driver side wheel well in the trunk. I was wondering if anyone could help me decipher which wires were the pre-amp inputs on it so i can convert them into rca jacks. Thanks. If it helps my aim is Jayblizzo187, i reckon communicating through that might help a lil.

Are you trying to convert the inputs to an aftermarket amp? Your problem is that it's not just a factory amp; it's an amp/tuner module. You might possibly be able to find a low-level input signal from the CD player, but it won't be controlled by the front volume control; the volume is controlled within the amp/tuner pack by a control wire from the front. There also won't be any low-level input signal from the radio because the tuner is built into the factory amp. If you can't replace your head unit, you'll have to bite the bullet and just replace the amp/tuner with an OEM unit. Junkyards are your friends...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.