2001 Chevy Silverado Double Din Conversion

I'm looking for a 2003 cage. You know where I can get one? Some junkyards have it, but don't want to sell it. They want to sell the whole dash as one piece.

No sorry I ended up trashing them to start fresh I didnt take in to accont clearance on the glove box:crap:
lol. as soon as i saw your pods i was going to ask u about that. i did the same thing on my sliverado. be sure to post pics of new ones, i need to redo mine as well but am having a hard time thinking of what to do

I'm looking for a 2003 cage. You know where I can get one? Some junkyards have it, but don't want to sell it. They want to sell the whole dash as one piece.
I got lucky on mine I just pulled it before I even went up to pay for it some people have got lucky on ebay I have a video on youtube and I have seen a few that said they found one there.

lol. as soon as i saw your pods i was going to ask u about that. i did the same thing on my sliverado. be sure to post pics of new ones, i need to redo mine as well but am having a hard time thinking of what to do
for sure man will do. I have some ideas but I am still fixing a few things before I try again.

so its been about a month with no bump and i have been super busy at work so i finally decided to get the project going again my previous box worked but not exactly how i wanted so it got broken down and my previous amp rack/false floor worked as well but i need to make changes it was getting a little warm down there on to the pics.

photobucket-8318-1349667943582.jpg

some new additions to the setup

photobucket-7443-1349668107131.jpg

almost there

photobucket-5067-1349668147510.jpg

plans are to paint them black and carpet the false floor cutout around the screens

photobucket-5346-1349668068024.jpg

Hot glue works...

photobucket-5489-1349668023254.jpg

all wired up

more to come in the next day or so should be all carpeted and amps back in and ready to go! I got another box of deadener for the headliner I will be tackling that tomorrow before the floor goes in.

nice false floor been thinking about doing somthing similar since my amps dont match and are not show quality(beat up). Do the fans have any leds or just black. Also are you running any type of temp sensor? That noise from the fans could be anoying in the cab at low volumes

nice false floor been thinking about doing somthing similar since my amps dont match and are not show quality(beat up). Do the fans have any leds or just black. Also are you running any type of temp sensor? That noise from the fans could be anoying in the cab at low volumes
nope no LEDS in the fans just black I didn't want to get blinded by bright lights coming from behind my seats when i drive at night they look cool but I have a feeling i would get over it real quick. no temp sensor either I have a toggle switch wired in next to my voltage readout so I can operate them manually.

cool bryant ,looks good so far.i sold the 4 runner and have a 97 z 71 extra cab now so i'm starting a new build soon too
Nice you were talking about getting that truck last time I saw you they are good trucks for sure. but yea the rebuild is coming along trying to make it to to the show next weekend but i dont think i have enough time to get it done but I will still be out there to check it out.

Hey guys I am new to this site but I thought that I would post something on my conversion. I read in a magazine about the conversion and decided to do it on my 99 GMC 1500. I went and got a dash out of a wrecked 05 chevy pickup along with an ash tray(I wanted to be able to return everything back to original if things didn't work out). I failed to grab the 05 stereo basket therefore I had to make things work with the original. I move the thermostat controls down by drilling new holes for the clips about 1/2 inch below stock. That solved that problem. A double din does not fit into the slot of the original stereo therefore i had to make additional cuts in the old stereo basket to accommodate the larger double din deck. I spent a lot of time on these cuts to ensure near perfection. Eventually i was able to slide the new deck directly into place, The deck snug enough to not have to do any kind of mounting. After all of this, I made all of the connections and slid everything into place and put the dash back on. I turned out good in my opinion, the only error that i find is that the new dash cuts off a little bit of the defrost emblem. Just for kicks i replaced all the stock components to ensure my self that everything I did was reversible if i wanted.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.