2000 watts too much for stock electrical?

I'm running about 1800w in my silverado std cab right now. I'm also on a low budget but i had an extra car battery laying around so i made sure it was still good and now its hooked up in my truck. So i have 1 run of 1/0 and only one part ofbthe big 3 done bc i havnt had time to finish. But everything works great. I rarely have voltage drop. Just before i ran 1800w my buddy let me run an amp at 2500w and ive still had no problems. I may not be getting the full potential of the amps but theg still sound great. If its in your budget then you should get an extra batt, H/O, and do big 3. Otherwise you should be fine with at least the big 3 and 1 batt. Just watch your voltage. I always watch mine.

I'm running about 1800w in my silverado std cab right now. I'm also on a low budget but i had an extra car battery laying around so i made sure it was still good and now its hooked up in my truck. So i have 1 run of 1/0 and only one part ofbthe big 3 done bc i havnt had time to finish. But everything works great. I rarely have voltage drop. Just before i ran 1800w my buddy let me run an amp at 2500w and ive still had no problems. I may not be getting the full potential of the amps but theg still sound great. If its in your budget then you should get an extra batt, H/O, and do big 3. Otherwise you should be fine with at least the big 3 and 1 batt. Just watch your voltage. I always watch mine.
Ok. Ill see what i can find around here

Ok. Ill see what i can find around here
Im planning on upgrading to 3500 watts and im going to have two actual car audio batts running and complete the big three. And if i find a H/O when i have cash for one then id buy it. But 2000 w you wont absolutely need all that. But if you ever find a cheap car audio batt, i would ded use that instead of a car battery. My car battery is temporary and ive been running it for about 2 mo

I'm not understanding how someone driving a $20,000 truck thinks $210 is "way over budget".. save up and do it right the first time and you will be preventing issues later.

Idc what anoyobe says u don't need a HO alt for 2k just a nice battery under the hood and a nice Batt in the back preferably big 3 as well (I don't even have big 3 still) I've ran pretty close to 2500 rms without big or HO alt

There will be a little drop but nothing damaging

it all depends on the stock system, most cars do not have beefy electrical but he is running a tahoe which has a beefier system for addons like lights, towing, etc so they have a 160amp alt

2000watts/13.8v's = 145 amps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but thats at 100 percent efficiency and at its max output which an amp is never running at because as everyone knows sound waves oscillate. so 165amp alt with an extra reserve battery would be plenty plus big 3 to get rid of the bottle neck

it all depends on the stock system, most cars do not have beefy electrical but he is running a tahoe which has a beefier system for addons like lights, towing, etc so they have a 160amp alt

2000watts/13.8v's = 145 amps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but thats at 100 percent efficiency and at its max output which an amp is never running at because as everyone knows sound waves oscillate. so 165amp alt with an extra reserve battery would be plenty plus big 3 to get rid of the bottle neck

Well said

I'm not understanding how someone driving a $20,000 truck thinks $210 is "way over budget".. save up and do it right the first time and you will be preventing issues later.
That is well said. My truck was only 2,000 so i dont worry about it as much.

Its not my budget. And in this economy $200 can be alot. We kinda maxed out his budget and thats without a amp.

So just good AGM battery will work. Ill try to figure out how to wire it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.