2000 Grand Marquis Build

Very nice. I'd like to pick up a new alt for future upgrades but I am tight on money.
I met up with a few guys today and hit the TL. My car pulled a 139.6dB. I have some things I need to redo and I could probably pull a 140 or so then. I'm happy for my budget AQ woofers.
hell yeah that kool man..i cant wait to get metered i might see what i can whip up this weekend coming up...

Thats a hell of a nice score in these cars man, congrats. I know a guy on SSA that has a Lincoln Towncar (very similar trunk) with (2) Nightshade 15s and a single 3000D and does a 143db on his TL. So I know how hard it is to get these cars loud on a meter.
Yeah, that's BigJon. I met up with him and a few other people today. My buddys Caddy did a 143.1 and bigjon was doing 143.5s. However, I think something was wrong. His **** was sounding a LOT louder than a 143. The 143.1 didn't sound nearly as loud as his "143.5". His towncar is ridiculous to say the least.

I'm happy with the 139. I can't wait to see vids of these LVL4 XLs either.

SHOULD have them up tomorrow eveninig if my alternator plug comes in like RObbie from DC power said it would....but i still have yet to get the tracking number and once something leaves there shop it usually sends a e-mail directly to your e-mail and i havent received one....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

sorry guys ......but the videos wont be up untill tomorrow evening....b/c robbie with dc power has been really busy and forgot to even send my plug out...but i just got off the phone with him and he has already made the plug and is FOR SURE sending it out today overnight from CALI ...so it will be here tomorrow in Florida....i will be receiving the e-mail with tracking as soon as FEDEX comes to pick the package up from him later on today....

looks like no videos again!!!!!!.... i just got the plug installed everything ....turn car on seen like 12.7 volts reved it up seen 16.5 so i backed off now when i drive it around i am getting the max of 12.7 volts ....when idleing i am getting 12.4 volts ....now i just contact dc power back to find out WTF is going on....i will keep yall posted ...i am at the point of saying **** it all and selling my whole system....

babyandalternator006.jpg

babyandalternator007.jpg

babyandalternator008.jpg

TOP BRACKET DONT FIT ALT....im gunna have tio get one custom built

they said for some reason something blew the volt regulator in the alt....so now i am waiting for robbie to send me a call tag so i can send it back i guess //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

remember this is all with factory alt ...the volts got really low and subs started to smell so i turned it down....now i ust trying to find out what the hell we gunna do about this DC power alt...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.