2000 Corolla Speakers (all 4 of them)

Ricky_s

Hey guys

I recently installed this deck in my car: Sony CDX-GT630UI

I have the stock speakers in my '00 Corolla, Does anyone know how powerful these stock speakers are? like what's the wattage. I want to know because I want to install new speakers in my car. (No sub woofer)

Basically what I want to do is, install four new speakers that'll produce some bass (better than stock bass) without the need of a sub woofer. I'm not looking for anything too expensive. I'm sure that any speakers in the market will be better than stock speakers so I'm going for $100-$200 for 4 speakers

And how easy is it to install the speakers? And is there any guides to this procedure?

I would be buying these speakers in Canada/Toronto So probably from Futureshop.ca or Bestbuy.ca

Also where can I find out what size of speakers fit into my cars? and will I need an amp? even though I have a new head unit and no sub woofer?

thanks

Speakers cannot be powerful, they only receive power. They don't produce it. Planning an amp? Cheap aftermarket coaxials off a head unit probably won't give you enough boom that you won't miss having a sub. One of my first setups was an Alpine HU with 4 aftermarket coaxials and nothing else. All I got was popping and distortion on heavy bass hits at high volume. If you start talking about an amp with decent front components that are known for being able to go low, that's a different story.

I checked Cruthfield.com and found out that the 2000 corolla can support 6-1/2" speakers both front and deck.

Now I don't know anything about car audio so that is why I came here. So if you or someone could help me out with this one little thing I'd really appreciate that.

since I'm planning on getting speakers and amp from either Futureshop or Bestbuy I think if someone went to the site and picked out 4 speakers and an amp for me I would really appreciate that. That would give me an idea what I should be looking for.

I'm not looking for anything too expensive. My original budget was $200 for 4 speakers and with an amp I'm sure I'll go over. So if you could prepare me a setup for my car with 4 speakers and an amp from either Bestbuy or Futureshop I'ld really really appreciate that.

FS: http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/class.asp?logon=&langid=EN&catid=1104

BB: http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/dept.asp?logon=&langid=EN&catid=20107

is it possible to install the 4 speakers first and then install the amp later on? would something be damaged if I don't install the amp? and how is the amp installed? does the amp installation require all 4 speakers to be taken out again?

thanks

honestly, the cheapo pioneers sound pretty decent off of head unit power.
Yea basically I'm just looking for a bit of bass in the speakers. I'm not looking for the bass that you would hear from a sub woofer, that is a lot, I'm just looking for a medium amount of bass, which doesn't distort/crack the sound when the bass is jacked up from the stereo.

you can install the speakers without the amp

you dont have to remove the speakers when the amp is installed, just the head unit.

look for the pioneer rev coax series as i hear they are pretty good.

the amp will make them shine even more...

the Pioneer Rev's are very good coaxials for the money
I try to see if I can find these in Toronto/Mississauga.

Could you guys tell me what specific model are you guys referring to for pioneer rev coax series?

and I'm guessing I wont have any issues installing them in my '00 corolla and using them with my head unit.

thanks

You'll be doing yourself a big favor by amplifying your speakers. You can get speakers now and an amp later, but you'll save yourself some trouble by doing it at the same time and make a huge difference.

IMO: Decent amplified aftermarket speakers > Amplified stock speakers > Most aftermarket or stock speakers off HU power.

What is your budget for everything?

You'll be doing yourself a big favor by amplifying your speakers. You can get speakers now and an amp later, but you'll save yourself some trouble by doing it at the same time and make a huge difference.
IMO: Decent amplified aftermarket speakers > Amplified stock speakers > Most aftermarket or stock speakers off HU power.

What is your budget for everything?
it was around $200+ plus tax for all 4 speakers. But if were to get an amp and other wiring it'll cost way more. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

it was around $200+ plus tax for all 4 speakers. But if were to get an amp and other wiring it'll cost way more. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
If I were you, I would get a single Phoenix Gold RSD component set with a budget amp that puts out around 100 wRMS per side. With wiring, it shouldn't cost you more than $250 to put that together and would be a significant improvement over 4 Type S coaxials off head unit power.

Spend another $50 on deadening later on, and you should have a decent front stage.

Leave out the rears. Just do fronts. Problem solved. Extra money for better components and an amp. If after you've done the front stage you feel rears are necessary get them when you've saved even more cash. Contrary to what alot of people believe every single speaker in the car does not require an aftermarket upgrade to make it a complete system.

ok guys, people have told me to get an amp to get the full benefit of the speakers.

How much would it cost to get decent speakers and an amp installed in the GTA? final question. Nothing more than $400 -/+$20-$30 Canadian

I know the majority of the people here are from US but still can you recommend me a setup that costs around $300-$350CAD that includes decent 2 pairs of speakers and an amp.

Bestbuy told me they charge $45 for the front speakers and $60 for rear speakers and $80 for the amp install. So total: $209CAD incl. Tax. for the installation lol wtf. and plus they'll probably charge me extra for the wiring and what not.

is it usually cheaper to go to specialty shops for the installation?

I would really appreciate the input on this. I would also like to thank you all for contributing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.