$200 to spend on 8" Midbass!

freq response only down to 65hz??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif Drop it down lowaaah!
You dont need much lower than that. Your subs should play 63Hz and under. With slope and roll off there wont be a gap between 63 and 65Hz.

You dont need much lower than that. Your subs should play 63Hz and under. With slope and roll off there wont be a gap between 63 and 65Hz.
Read the thread before you post...he wants to get rid of his sub and put in some midbasses that will play low enough

Read the thread before you post...he wants to get rid of his sub and put in some midbasses that will play low enough
Not get rid of completely. But want to be able to take them out on occasion and not miss so much in the music. I will still be keeping tthem though.

You're probably right. But the question is how well do they do down low? My pioneers claim to play down to 30hz wwhich they will....but it ain't too purty!

I'm crossed at 63hz now and it blends very well with my subs making me consider just letting it be. Either way, if I'm gonna do the extra to fit the 8s, I want it to be day and night from what I have now.

Helix E200 shallow 8" woofers

When you can find them, they fit your price point and are about 2" on depth with a high qt. A pair just left DIYMA for 175 shipped I think. Dual 4 ohm so you would have a 2 ohm load, which I think you want as well. If I can find a pair, I might try these in my doors. My other choice would be the Kicker RMB8 if you can find them and the person who has them isnt asking a crazy price. Again, set up for IB, really low depth, and 4 ohm.

You're probably right. But the question is how well do they do down low? My pioneers claim to play down to 30hz wwhich they will....but it ain't too purty!I'm crossed at 63hz now and it blends very well with my subs making me consider just letting it be. Either way, if I'm gonna do the extra to fit the 8s, I want it to be day and night from what I have now.
Best way to dig deep with midbass is treat your door. Beyond that they are only designed to play midbass. If they were designed to dig deep like a subwoofer, they would be called a subwoofer.

Helix E200 shallow 8" woofers
When you can find them, they fit your price point and are about 2" on depth with a high qt. A pair just left DIYMA for 175 shipped I think. Dual 4 ohm so you would have a 2 ohm load, which I think you want as well. If I can find a pair, I might try these in my doors. My other choice would be the Kicker RMB8 if you can find them and the person who has them isnt asking a crazy price. Again, set up for IB, really low depth, and 4 ohm.
You cant run subs in your doors. It will cause nothing but issues.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Why So Cereal?

5,000+ posts
Invisible Cereal
Why So Cereal?
Drowning in milk
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date