$200 to spend on 8" Midbass!

didnt badmouth good sir. thats like comparing kimbo slice and chuck liddel. chuck is clearly better but would u wanna get hit by either? no sir... NO SIR!

LOL I was bsing with you. I am going to give those xs a try and do a side by side and see who the winner is for my application. They are to cheap not to buy. Hell no one ever even heard of flutes then I took a chance and got them next thing ya know boom e1 has them. May be a gem just like the flutes were.

yep they are just buy 2 sets and now u got a 4ohm load
with not enough power for any of em and a random set sitting on my floor since they wont both fit in my install lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

Give the golds a try just grab one that way if they are not for u then ur out $25 and can prob turn and flip to make at least half that back so in the end if u hate them your out 15bucks

ive still gotta build for em anyway so i have time to decide on a driver. I'm gonna build to handle up to 4" depth so I should be fine with whatever i choose. if i do try the golds I'll just get em from pe and take advantage of the 45 day money back guarantee.

Well they're both 8 ohms? haha. Those Crossfire's and Silverflukes listed earlier both looked good though. I'm also in the process of finding a good midbass at 6.5" though.
fvck! lol I like the Silver Flutes but the QTS is pretty low so idk how the midbass will be IB in a car door.

for a good 6.5 midbass, I hear good things about the Peerless SLS. as for me I run the midbass out of the Pioneer TS D1720c set with 125rms to each mid from 350hz down and they pound and are very tight! I'd recommend em. also shallow only 2.5mounting depth.

The Goldwood speaker fits your specs pretty well. High QTS, 4 ohm, etc. But, it does have a weak motor (low BL). I'm using the Aura NS8's. Technically, they're better suited to a ported or bandpass box, but I'm running them sealed up in doors. They have neo motors too, all for $19.50 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Aurasound NS8-385-4A 8" Woofer: Madisound Speaker Store

The Goldwood speaker fits your specs pretty well. High QTS, 4 ohm, etc. But, it does have a weak motor (low BL). I'm using the Aura NS8's. Technically, they're better suited to a ported or bandpass box, but I'm running them sealed up in doors. They have neo motors too, all for $19.50 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gifAurasound NS8-385-4A 8" Woofer: Madisound Speaker Store
from some quick diyma reviews i looked over, they arent really suited for dedicated midbass so dont really seem to be what I need. They said the midrange was good....but thats useless to me. I'm also seeing that they are pretty much just factory replacement drivers.....meh...

I looked into the NS8 but idk if it'll go any lower than my Pioneers now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Why So Cereal?

5,000+ posts
Invisible Cereal
Why So Cereal?
Drowning in milk
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date