Using midrange speaker from component setup ok for rear????

Participant count
  • Participant list

08Accord
10+ year member

So I have the JL TR series component setup but I'm not exactly pleased with it. As of now i need to replace my rear coaxials cause they are blown (i know people say just go front stage, but with this i disagree). So with that being said, is it ok to use the midrange of the JL components and buy gooooood components?

bandpass needs depend on the speaker. some woofers have a natural high frequency roll-off, other have a lot of break-up and response variations at high frequencies. the inductance of the voice coil will provide roll-off anyway.

if you want to be safe - a 6 dB/oct low pass filter (passive) centered at 3-4kHz would be fine.

a high pass filter depends on the woofer used and the rear speaker location.

The bandpass shouldn't be difficult to implement and it won't hurt even if speaker can roll off naturally. For the low pass filter, you can put an appropriate inductor inline, creating a 1st order low pass filter at a desired frequency.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.