2 x Crescendo CZ6.5 OR 1 set ID CTX/JBL MS/JL C2/? + Rfiller

Participant count
  • Participant list

TreyE
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Tampa
I have a 1997 Mercury Granny Marquis. I have 5x7 in front 6x9 in rear. I was going to just do 2 SETS of the new Crescendo CZ6.5 all around and throw 100rms at them, should I buy the 4 decent ones or one set of really good ones up front with rear filler. I want it to sound good and not be over powered by 2 15's on 1000rms.

Question is, what would you all do/recommend?

2 Sets Crescendo CZ 6.5 w/ 100 x 4

1 Set of ID CTX/JBL MS/JL C2/(any other recommendation under

Decisions decisions... Thanks

Trey

Love my MS. At least through free-air testing. I'll have a final opinion once installed, but they're serious bang for the buck.

Love my MS. At least through free-air testing. I'll have a final opinion once installed, but they're serious bang for the buck.
Which other components do you have experience with? How many watts are you going to be feeding them?

I'm about to acquire an Eclipse 5-channel, so on that it'd be getting around 60-65W (amps are underrated), but also have a Rockford P8004 that'll give it 100W per or 200W per if I bridge the 4-channel and run a separate sub amp. MS are pretty efficient, though, so they don't need a ton of juice like the GTi.

I've had Rainbow SLC, JBL Power, Focal Access and Polyglass, and crappy Alpine S-types before. Rainbows and JBL MS have been by favorites so far.

I'm about to acquire an Eclipse 5-channel, so on that it'd be getting around 60-65W (amps are underrated), but also have a Rockford P8004 that'll give it 100W per or 200W per if I bridge the 4-channel and run a separate sub amp. MS are pretty efficient, though, so they don't need a ton of juice like the GTi.
I've had Rainbow SLC, JBL Power, Focal Access and Polyglass, and crappy Alpine S-types before. Rainbows and JBL MS have been by favorites so far.
Hmmmm...so should I just get one set of good components, or should I just get 4 of the Crescendo's and have components all around? Thats what Im stuck between. I usually had a good set up front and stock in back off HU (Boston Pro60 paired with ZX550.2). It was great and loud in the front but in the back it sounded like you were listening to the front speakers if that makes sense. The rears were practically non existant and sounded like ****. Im trying to avoid that. Im on a budget.

It's going to be tough because you have all those Type Rs to keep up with. I'd say if you're looking for even sound around the car, you could probably get away with a solid set of coax in the rear and invest in a nice set of comps for the front. I'd look at the ID CTX coax or Hybrid Mirus for the rears.

It's going to be tough because you have all those Type Rs to keep up with. I'd say if you're looking for even sound around the car, you could probably get away with a solid set of coax in the rear and invest in a nice set of comps for the front. I'd look at the ID CTX coax or Hybrid Mirus for the rears.
That was an old setup this ones just going to be 2 15" Diamond CM3's with 1000rms.

Anyways, you're making this tough. I mostly ride with a lot of ppl (it's the hoopty) so I figured the components would be the best for sounding clean all around. And $175 is my budget for all 4 speakers so rear fill would be cheaper stuff than what you're mentioning.

Cadence makes relatively cheap offerings if you want comps all around and I know that'll be in your budget (audiosavings has the bundle).

The reason I don't favor comps all around is when you're driving solo, it'll pull your soundstage back. Annoys me, but for you it might be nothing to worry about.

Cadence makes relatively cheap offerings if you want comps all around and I know that'll be in your budget (audiosavings has the bundle).
The reason I don't favor comps all around is when you're driving solo, it'll pull your soundstage back. Annoys me, but for you it might be nothing to worry about.
Whatcha mean pulls the soundstage back? If tuned correctly shouldn't it sound centralized (dunno how to word that)

Meaning it'll sound like the vocals are coming from behind you. That's why I'm saying it's a tad annoying. You could counteract this by just running your rear comps at a lower volume so it's not as obvious.

havent got them yet but i just ordered soundstream sc-6t comps for up front (80rms) and soundstream pct.653 6.5 3 ways for the rear (90 rms)

like i said havent gotten them yet but have heard good things from quite a few people 54 for comps and 32 for rears

they also make pct.693 which would be 6x9 3ways for your rears

havent got them yet but i just ordered soundstream sc-6t comps for up front (80rms) and soundstream pct.653 6.5 3 ways for the rear (90 rms)
like i said havent gotten them yet but have heard good things from quite a few people 54 for comps and 32 for rears

they also make pct.693 which would be 6x9 3ways for your rears
Not a fan of the new Soundstream stuff or 3-way speakers. Thanks though, looking for higher quality than that. Crescendo were on my list because of the old CCX's they made which I've heard we're wonderful. They said their new CZ line is improved over that so why not. $89 a set right now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

TreyE

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
TreyE
Tampa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date