2-way or 3-way in the front

Participant count
  • Participant list

md2o2o

Here's a question: I just bought 2 pairs of 6.5 kappa's and I'm going to be running it off of my jl 300/4 which is pushing 75w RMS per speaker. 1 pair are the 6.5 2-ways, and the other is the 6.5 3-ways. Which pair would you recommend in the front? I have a 91 accord, and the front mounting depth is 2". I'm sure I can modify the interior to make them fit, just wanted someone else's opinion. I have a 12w7 in a sealed box being pushed by a jl 500/1 so base is not an issue. Never used infinitys before, will those kappas sound ok with my 300/4 and the w7?

You always want the higher frequancies in the front of the car, not in the rear deck. Typically the way to go is run mids and midbass in the rear and run mids, midbass and tweet up front. If you can runthe three way up front do it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.