2 subs sharing same air??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bumpin03
10+ year member

James Madison University
Virginia
ok my friend asked me this the other day and i thought id ask you (the pros) the question because i didnt want to give him the wrong answer. he just built his box and has the subs sharing the same air...he doesn't have a split enclosure. he asked me if it would hurt the sub...i didn't think it would hurt them but ithought it wouldnt get as loud because 1 sub might steal some of the air from the other one. would it damage the sub??

as long as they are in phase with each other it wont hurt. Most people just put them in a split enclosure to help brace the box. He might want to put braces in their to help the box from flexing, but its no beggie.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.