2 subs per chamber? Advantages and dis-advantages

Frogmonster

The Famous Frogmonster
Hay! Thanx for the advice. Im installing 2 Kicker S12L5's into a 90 celica. I've got my max/min air space to work with and a basic box desighn. Small and seald. This guy has a single 1400 R.M.S. chanel to run them. I was wondering...

What is the advantages or dis-advantages of 2 subs in one seald chamber.

-The subs are ran in parallel off the same channel so there wont be phasing problems.

-I was "told" once you gain an extra 6db by having them in the same chamber. This true?

-Do you simply take the recomended box spec's for 1 and double it or is there a formula.

-Any sq loss?

I havent been able to find any info on this subject so any advice/opinions are apreaciated.

Thax

What is the advantages or dis-advantages of 2 subs in one seald chamber.-The subs are ran in parallel off the same channel so there wont be phasing problems.
Good.

-I was "told" once you gain an extra 6db by having them in the same chamber. This true?
The gain is from the doubling of the cone area and assumes that each speaker is getting the same amount of power as the one was getting. Sharing the airspace has nothing to do with it.

-Do you simply take the recomended box spec's for 1 and double it or is there a formula.
Double the size for a single.

-Any sq loss?
Nope.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.