2 subs @ half power or 1 sub @ full

Participant count
  • Participant list

David.lee
10+ year member

Hey guys I hope this will be a quick easy question for your pros out there. My question is will 2 1000watt rms pioneer premier subs sound better at 500 watts rms each or just run 1 @ the full 1000 watts? I can only run around 1000 watts rms threw my car right now and not have the 700 bucks to up the alt a more expensive amp and a even bigger battery. So this ill have to work. Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd run both down to 1 ohm bridged parallel. Normally subs don't run imaging like highs do anyway so benefit for wiring individual would be lesser.

I'm sorry I ment 1000 watt rms each 

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

How would I so this? There 2ohm DVCs
Mono amp? Sorry didn't see that in original post. Go to the Rockford fosgate web site and check out the wiring diagram they offer. Way easier to see rather than explain.

You're gonna have a cone area benefit with two subs vice one. Even running one sub at 500W, you'd only lose about 3dB of output which the dual sub setup will more than make up for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.