2 sa8 v2s again... 2 prefab options?

Why are you always attacking/degrading people? If you disagree all you have to do is say so.
Also, the way you worded that makes it sounds like your dogging his recommendation as well. If you are, then your the stupid one. I do not know if you've seen his work or not, but its pretty impressive.
Get over it. People that have no idea how to do the simplest things should not be recommending anything. If he thinks you jump the remote wire do you really think he knows what a good box is? It's a simple concept. He probably does build a good box. It's not that hard if you have the equipment and space. I'm not downing Cherry but I've seen mostly show than go boxes he's posted. Beautiful work but I don't think is messed much with higher end stuff yet.

Buck did a box design for back in 2011. It was a basic design with some bracing. I guess it's all I expected for $5 but if I would have known I would just have done it myself. Now PWK puts some effort into his work. Hate or not the guy is good.

Buck did a box design for back in 2011. It was a basic design with some bracing. I guess it's all I expected for $5 but if I would have known I would just have done it myself. Now PWK puts some effort into his work. Hate or not the guy is good.
Just read on fb that he teamed up AD. No more plans from PWK from what I read.

As someone who has almost no experience in enclosure design, i have no way to relate to what parameters do to directly alter the sound of a given driver. Google searches have really only given me a basic understanding of what importance box volume and tuning do to a given setup. I see numbers that are drastically different and i imagine drastically different results. This is hard to understand as im really shooting for one end result. Basically im left to assume that one result can be achieved with many different sized boxes and port frequency.

If i was comfortable with designing the ultimate dual sa8 v2 box for my particular vehicle and power range i wouldnt be looking to hire someone else to do it.

If i wanted to settle for generic id buy the LAB slapbox and be done with it.

Robert, Help me out man! You know what im looking for. Im excited to see what you come up with and why what you design is what i should spend my money on.

Thanks guys.

As good as people are, online designs is just online designs. A full on professional install measures the wave reflections in your car custom tailored to the exact acoustics of your car with everything RTA'D however that costs huge amounts of dough compared to a 5 to 30 dollar design

As good as people are, online designs is just online designs.
I get what you mean by this but it does seem as if some of the builders charge less because they want to build a basic box and be done with it. Other do seem to be much more interested in attempting to get the most for you and obviously deserve to be compensated for the additional effort.

I haven't tried several boxes with the same drivers so i really have no idea how big of a difference a box can make but according to people on this forum it seems to make a big difference.

I wouldn't be in business very long if my enclosures sounded bad. How sad you didn't give me a chance before you made a back handed compliment about my enclosures.
anonymous quote? what are you suggesting for enclosure volume, tuning and port area?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.