2 sa8 v2s again... 2 prefab options?

I live in an apartment cant build my own box right now. I have minimal experience so thats why im starting a thread on a forum to gain experience from what you all have already tried and figured out what works and what doesn't.

2 sa8 v2 d4s on 1 hifonics brx2000.1 @ 1ohm

I listen to a lot of reggae/rock and trap music dubstep chopped and screwed stuff. Love lows.

1.4@33

LAB SlapBox™ 1.40 ft^3 Ported MDF Enclosure - 2 x Sundown Audio SA-8 Subs

1.4@34

Custom Slot Ported MDF Enclosure Box for 2 8" Subwoofers 1 4 ft 3 Tuned 34Hz | eBay

Are there still people on this forum who will design and make boxes? what would they charge for something similar?

[quote name='JerDerv']I live in an apartment cant build my own box right now. I have minimal experience so thats why im starting a thread on a forum to gain experience from what you all have already tried and figured out what works and what doesn't.

2 sa8 v2 d4s on 1 hifonics brx2000.1 @ 1ohm

I listen to a lot of reggae/rock and trap music dubstep chopped and screwed stuff. Love lows.

1.4@33
LAB SlapBox™ 1.40 ft^3 Ported MDF Enclosure - 2 x Sundown Audio SA-8 Subs

1.4@34
Custom Slot Ported MDF Enclosure Box for 2 8" Subwoofers 1 4 ft 3 Tuned 34Hz | eBay

Are there still people on this forum who will design and make boxes? what would they charge for something similar?[/QUOTE]

Forget those boxes, hit up @Boomsday ; his custom ported boxes are way better and is very affordable compared to shops and its shipped to your door
. Click on the mention and give him a private message.

Pming people left and right. Thanks guys! hopefully the quotes are competitive.

Even if you live in an apartment, you can just go to home depot, lows or any other hardware store, buy the sheet of wood and have the associate there cut it for you into the proper pieces, then wood glue then screw drive the pieces in, its fairly easy.

these are some free box designs with the cutout pieces listed for you. Would seriously save you on the US to canada shipping prices.

*OFFICIAL* Free Ported Box Plans (56k NO!!) - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

CheRRyman with the second R backwards did my box. Custom engraved for the same price boomsday quoted me w/o any engraving... best choice imo... customer service was the best I've dealt with period. The box turned out perfect and sounds OFF THE WALL.. 100% would check out his work....

Here's his #. 731-616-5739. Let him know I sent you..You won't be disappointed.

Keep in mind the same person that recommended that box just told someone else to use a jumper from the power for there remote wire. I'm just throwing that out there. Take it how you will
Why are you always attacking/degrading people? If you disagree all you have to do is say so.

Also, the way you worded that makes it sounds like your dogging his recommendation as well. If you are, then your the stupid one. I do not know if you've seen his work or not, but its pretty impressive.

I'm going to put this out there, neither of those box would be considered a prefab in the typical sense and just looking at the specs they would both be fine especially the first one seeing as how it's built to the specs of the SA8's. I'm sure any number of the box builders on this site could also build you a box just as nice so take your pick.....

Custom enclosure suggestions from boomsday:

suggestion 1: 1.21 @ 37hz port is 2x26.5

suggestion 2: 1.38 @ 33hz no port spec

suggestion 3: 1.74 @ 33hz using 14" long 4" aero port

Opinions?

Custom enclosure suggestions from boomsday:
suggestion 1: 1.21 @ 37hz port is 2x26.5

suggestion 2: 1.38 @ 33hz no port spec

suggestion 3: 1.74 @ 33hz using 14" long 4" aero port

Opinions?
option 3 would definitely be my choice of the three

Some Google searching reveals the port area is not ideal. Jacob himself states that the sa8s really like port area. Its part of the frustration of building a nice box for these 8s is the port tends to be really long. I wish i had the software to play with..

I have contacted 4 different enclosure builders now and every body seems to suggest something completely different.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.