2 SA 8's with a aero port box

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello, this will be my first box build. I designed a 1.33CU box last night. Once i calculated the port length for 1 6" aero port it said i needed a 41" port length! Now i am very confused and could not find anything useful online. Any help for a newbie?

Thanks,

Nolan

I built a similar box about 3 weeks ago heres a link to thread http://www.caraudio.com/forums/miscellaneous-car-audio-reviews/610452-cherryman-custom-enclosures-dual-sundown-sa8v2-crossport-box.html If you want to use a aero in a straight line you will need a box at least 48 inches long. If you decide to put bends in your aero your efficiency will decline and any advantage gained by using a aero will start to decline. A aero this long will need a considerable amount of internal bracing to hold t up. At these lengths aero's loose their appeal and limit design options over a traditional port.

1.28ft^3 per chamber gross

41" port = .42ft^3. 4x3

Fb=32. F3=28

.78 ft^3. Net volume after all displacements

Outside dimensions

43x11hx14.5 deep.

Ohh, i figured i really screwed up my math somewhere. So is it possible to use an aeroport with these at all. I have a very limited amount of space in my subie and can't really go any longer than 35" long.

A 4" would work perfectly

a 6" aero is a tadddd bit on the high side for port area, which is why you need it so long to bring down the tuning
I'd go with a 3" aero, maybe even 4"
A 4" would work perfectly 9.44 sq In per cube it would need to be 18.8 inches long to tune to 35hz total length flare to flare.

Okay, thanks guys. Now Sundown does recommend a 8-12in^2 port area for each e8, a 4" port would be about 14in^2. is that okay because it's an aero?
7-9in^2 is what is usually recommended for an aero they are aittle more efficient then a slot port or straight pvc which is usually 12-16in^2. Your enclosure will be 1.33 cu ft so 1.33/12.56=9.44in^2 per cu ft. Don't forget to take into account the displacement of the port from the total volume of your enclosure as well as the subs displacement.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.