2 rear car speakers connected to sub.. i think..

Participant count
  • Participant list

rockyrocker

hello everyone this will be my first post on the car audio forum. i have 4 speakers in my car with a jvc head unit.i have no subwoofers. my front 2 speakers sound great they are loud and clear. but my rear 2 speakers and not loud at all but they are clear. so i was messing around with my head unit and i changed a setting that said something about the subwoofer. this was a setting to turn it on and off and i changed it from on to off and my rear speakers cut off.. so i turned it back on and went back to playing with my audio settings, and there was another setting I'm not sure what its called. i think it was the subwoofer hz limit or something like that.. but i clicked on it and there were 4 options. it was low, medium, high, and the last one i can't remember. but i went through each one and the low setting you couldn't hear the music. then medium it got a little louder then high was louder and the last setting was the loudest. so i think my rear speakers are hooked up to the sub woofer somehow.. how can i make my rear speakers sound like the ones up front?

by the way i have a 1998 toyota land cruiser if that matters and this wiring was done by sounds great in birmingham and they did a mediocre job i think.. so I'm just gonna do it myself. and sorry if i dont know the names of everything I'm a beginner and I'm still learning. any help would be great

If they used a harness with RCAs for your factory amplifier, that would of been the problem. Maybe check to see if there is a filter set. On these vehicles I typically by-pass the factory amp by using the normal Toyota harness (70-1761). Take it back to shop and see what they can do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.