2) Old school RF Punch (not Power) HX2's or 3) Newer Kicker CVR's??? Opinions???

Participant count
  • Participant list

bgolightly82
10+ year member

Ok guys, so I'm doing a little build for my daily driver. Good electrical already, RF BD1500, and it's a toss up between running 3 like new 12" CVR's (not sure what year, silver cone) or 2 like new 12" Punch HX2's (the old school ones, 2112 model I believe). I remember back in the day these were sick, not like the Power series, but still a **** good sub. But the pros of the CVR's would be an additional 12 for starters, and I'd imagine the tech. has got to be better?? Looking at the same cost either way ($180 for the 3 CVR's / $200 for the 2 HX2's) Looking for a nice all around sound that can beat the lows. I'll be building the box, going in a Tahoe btw, so plenty of space. What's your opinion?

I've never had first-hand experience with the HX2s, but I could imagine that the CVRs would probably get louder..is that your goal? How important is SQ to you? Depending on the setup, Kickers can sound beautiful or totally sh*tty, but that's the situation for almost any sub. But the added cone area of a third twelve would lead me to believe that the Kicker setup is probably going to get louder.

Just my $.02

I ran a pair of 12" hx2's in 01-02. They were alright. Ran them sealed and ported(or was it a bandpass??). I was like 17 so I just wanted to throw them in and bang. Chances are they could've sounded better.

I love me some older fosgates but the kickers will get louder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.