2 LOC/ high level inputs off one set of speaker wires?

idkcaraudio

CarAudio.com Recruit
Jun 16, 2020
United States
I'm using my stock headunit while upgrading my stereo; the headunit has only one set of speaker level outputs (only front left channel and right channel, no rear), and I want to add two amps. Other than slight signal degradation, is there any issue with tapping into the same set of wires from the headunit twice via high level input or line out converter?

1aespinoza

May 22, 2013
Pharr, Texas
I'm using my stock headunit while upgrading my stereo; the headunit has only one set of speaker level outputs (only front left channel and right channel, no rear), and I want to add two amps. Other than slight signal degradation, is there any issue with tapping into the same set of wires from the headunit twice via high level input or line out converter?
Not at all. You can also run one loc and use a y-splitter on the amps. Some amps also have rca line out to connect an extra amp using only one set of rcas.

Lasherž

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 27, 2020
United States
Just going to add, make sure you use an active LOC, not a passive one. This will save you a lot of problems with signal integrity and bass degradation. The passive ones are tempting because they're cheap and make large claims for themselves, but the active ones like Audiocontrol's LC2i or a full on de-EQ are preferable and can restore the signal level of bass that your car automatically cuts out to protect the speakers at high volumes. The cheapo passives offer like 2v output compared to audiocontrol's 8v.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds