2 DD 1500 10s . small hole in one, good amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

212s
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
atlanta
have 2 DD 1500 10s in large ported box. not sure of the dimensions but it was made by pwk designs.

i was unscrewing one of the subs from the box today and the drill slipped puncturing a small hole in the foam(?) piece going around the inside of the edge. how do i fix? do i need to fix this?

also what would be a good amp to run these? i think they are dvc 4 ohm but not too sure...

ahh my bad guys ive been posting this on many sites and forgot to put a price. im looking to spend around 200. nothing above 250 and would rather keep it under 200. i will put up pics of the hole tomorrow but its not very big(cant fit finger through it) and its on the outside of the ring, you have to pull the foam out a little just to see it

a small piece of gorilla tape under the tear and go over the top of the tear with clear fingernail polish...sub should be like new...or you could use clear silicon on top but a little messier
can i just take the sub out and get to it conveniently or am i going to have to pull the sub apart and everything? im kind of a noob when it comes to stuff like this

ill have to check out the ap 1500 some more.

i was also looking at getting another cadence txa1000d. they are 220 with a 4 guage wiring kit from cadence

CCA? they have the cadence amp without the wiring kit for 190 or so. and there wiring kit sure beats the hell out of the one i got for free. what about the amp though? 1000w rms at 1 ohm. i owned the same amp before but only had it hooked to some kickers(i know, you dont have to tell me) and it was awesome

also i forgot to mention. the middle of the sub where the DD logo is is bent in on one sub. to better explain it its like when you push a coke bottle in on the sides and it gets stuck. problem?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.