2 DC Level 4 15" Enclosure Ideas

Participant count
  • Participant list

Samwatts22
10+ year member

I just bought 2 DC level 4 15"s and I am having trouble with deciding what type of enclosure to put them in. I'm pretty set on 3.5-4 cuft per sub at a 30-32 hz tuning. Not sure on the following

Aero port vs. Slot port

Subs up/port rear vs. subs up ports up

I'll be running them in a Dodge Magnum SXT so space is not limited to 3.5 per.

any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

* Dual 2 ohm, running off 2 seperate xtx5000.1 Re Audio Mono's ( non Bridgable sadly.) Amps are already owned so please dont ream me on how it turned out i bought with the intension of running 1 xxx 15 and 2 dc level 2 12"s but it didnt work out to be that way so now on to the box ideas please and thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aero ports are allegedly more efficient for their cross sectional area, and have the advantage that if you do not like the tuning you can quickly change them out. Slot ports allow for part of the port being part of the enclosure itself, thus serving dual purpose, done properly either one will satisfy. Personally, I have always done slot, but I am partial to kerfing, and its just the way "I've always done it"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.