2 channel amp to 2 speakers and sub

Participant count
  • Participants list

Joff

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, I have what I think is a 2 channel amp used for a sub, now I've connect 2 speakers to that in parrel and I have 2 speakers up front running off the stereo. It's an android stereo and when I go into settings and try to adjust the speakers the sound doesnt come out the front right when selecting? It's in my van that only has 2 speakers up front, I added the sub and it was OK but now I've added rear speakers but the sound is mostly from the rears and hardly anything front the front. Should I wire all speakers to stereo and have the amp just for the sub or any ideas what's I should be doing? Any help would be great

Should I wire all speakers to stereo and have the amp just for the sub
Probably. If you tell us precisely what amp you're attempting to use that might help. Some amps can be run "tri-mode" but you will need passive crossovers to make that work and that is very much out of fashion these days.

I would just run the speakers from the head unit, or buy a separate amp for the highs.
Running trimode on a amplifier is possible, but rarely ever sounds the way you think that it will. ( that is the reason almost no one does it anymore)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...