2 Broken in subs with 2 non broken in subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

sbarber82
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I was wondering if there is a negative to doing this. I have 4 sa8v2 subs in a common ported enclosure. 2 of them are broken in and two of them are still pretty stiff. I notice some muffled sounds at higher volume on low hz tones. Could this have anything to do with it??

no noise when pushing straight back. If you push one side more than the other you can hear and feel rubbing, but that is on all four. What am I looking for with the dmm when checking the ohms? Higher ohm, lower ohm?

no noise when pushing straight back. If you push one side more than the other you can hear and feel rubbing, but that is on all four. What am I looking for with the dmm when checking the ohms? Higher ohm, lower ohm?
yea more than likely none of them will read the same but u want them to be close check. for exxessive numbers .whether its high or low

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

oh and dont push on the sides of the subs lol

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

forced coil rub in gap is no bueno

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.