How does this home audio sub compare to my car's set up?

sjv13
10+ year member

StayStrange
I'm going to be buying a nice little dorm set up soon. And I'm trying to pick out a subwoofer. I'm looking at this:

PB-1000 - SVS

And I was just wondering how it will compare to my Type arrggg on 500rms. I know that you need less RMS in home audio to get the same sound level as car audio. So I'm thinking it might be close.

Any input in appreciated!

For 500 buy a Dayton subwoofer and plate amp and have someone here build a box = Win
this^^^

buy a bash or dayton plate amp ~~500 rms and a 12 or even 15" sub, build a box yourself and it'll crush that one.

For 500 buy a Dayton subwoofer and plate amp and have someone here build a box = Win
same thing i was gonna say for 500 you could piece something together better
this^^^
buy a bash or dayton plate amp ~~500 rms and a 12 or even 15" sub, build a box yourself and it'll crush that one.
That an interesting idea. Kind of weary because people seem to push people away from doing that on this forum.

haha was gonna say, pretty much everyone here says do it yourself and save money/get better results.

I built my home theater sub for like 400$ and it pounds out my whole upstairs, knocks **** off the walls, gotten the cops called a couple times. And it's a shyt 12" kenwood KFC on a 300 wrms Bash plate amp tuned to like 20hz in a 2 cube box.

haha was gonna say, pretty much everyone here says do it yourself and save money/get better results.
I built my home theater sub for like 400$ and it pounds out my whole upstairs, knocks **** off the walls, gotten the cops called a couple times. And it's a shyt 12" kenwood KFC on a 300 wrms Bash plate amp tuned to like 20hz in a 2 cube box.
Ok. so it's loud... but does it sound good?

Ok. so it's loud... but does it sound good?
Yes it sounds great with my polk 60's off a H/K 136.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

but yes, it does sound very clean and accurate.

Yes it sounds great with my polk 60's off a H/K 136. 

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

but yes, it does sound very clean and accurate.
Would you recommend the 20hz tuning?

Yeah, i'm no audiophile or anything, but I know a lot of hometheater subs are tuned super low like that. Hopefully someone with more HT experience will chime in. @Boomsday ;

That's not ported.
its poted click on large / more views

not sure if you noticed if not all of powered home theater subs are ported, i personally have not seen a sealed home theater sub. if you want real bass do at least 2 sub, i am running 3 subs

its poted click on large / more views
not sure if you noticed if not all of powered home theater subs are ported, i personally have not seen a sealed home theater sub. if you want real bass do at least 2 sub, i am running 3 subs
they are definitely not all ported. Even the brand I was just looking at has three in their line up that are sealed. High Performance Compact Sealed Subwoofers - SVS

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.