2 amps on one wire?

beartoe

Would it be possible to run to amps of 10 power wire? I have looked it up on the internet and have been getting mixed responses some people are telling me that you can if you have the right gauge wire and other people are saying never to do this so I'm wondering if it is possible and if it is then what gauge wire would I need to run a 900w amp and a 760 w amp on one power wire and tips tricks or advice would be greatly appreciated

the reason I am even considering this is because I have a 2010 Ford Focus and it has a dual firewall and even with a high power drill it's a pain to try and drill through and there's no way that I could fit a second power wire in through the hole of the first one

i would recommend at least using a 2awg or larger for that much power if those are the rms powers of the amps. if they are max powers then i would expect half to be the total amount so then a 4awg would be enough. always use OFC cable. the CCA wire is fking garbage and a waste of money and time.

I found a 1200watt amp kit but it has 6 gauge wire but I assume that the fuse would be able to handle the power. I also found a 1600 watt amp kit with 4 gauge wire

I found a 1200watt amp kit but it has 6 gauge wire but I assume that the fuse would be able to handle the power. I also found a 1600 watt amp kit with 4 gauge wire
is that 1200w and 1600w max?

You can run one power wire and then a distributor block to split it into two.

the CCA wire is fking garbage and a waste of money and time
You're an idiot. Most quality CCA cable is oversized to attain the same conductivity as OFC and is over 50% cheaper.

If you don't understand what quality CCA cable really is in relation to OFC, then STFU.

Just do it once and get some quality 1/0. CCA is just fine if your not pulling more than 250 amps in a 20 foot run.

I'll try and find a picture of where I ran my 1/0 in my focus.

Yeah those are max and does it matter which brand of distribution block?
I guess not

and ignore the max ratings the only one youre interested in is the RMS

Post how much RMS you will be pulling and im sure someone can recommend which wire is big enough. Then use a distro block to split it.

Got the dist block, managed to aquire some Rockford 4 gauge from my friends amp kit he never used, and got it all hooked up and its running like a champ so thanks everyone for all your help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.