2 amp questions PLEASE HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list

msh0271

Hey guys thanks for reading. I signed up for the forums to ask 2 questions from some people who know what they're talking about. Im sure these same questions have been asked but I don't have time to read through everything.

My first question:

I have two PS3 Fosgate 12's. DVC 2-ohm. Wired to a 2 ohm load. Cant remember if that's series or parallel. But anyway...I currently have an Alpine 500 watt mono. Rated at 500x1 at 2 ohm. SO does that mean that there is a total of 250 watts going to EACH speaker or 500?

This leads into question number 2:

My speakers are rated at 600 watts RMS. IF the amp is only putting 250 to each speaker I feel like I can use a much larger amp. If I go with a 1000 or 1200 watt mono amp wired at 2 ohm will that be putting 500 or 600 watts to each speaker? That's what I would like, about 500/600 to each.

With that being said what amp would you guys recommend to push the hell out of these speakers. Being reasonable and a budget of no more than $400? Without getting into the BIG 3's and all that technical stuff. I'm using these in my boat. Amp just runs off two deep cell batteries. Don't get me wrong it sounds good now, but I want a little more. I guess I ended up with three questions. But thank you for any help.

Hey guys thanks for reading. I signed up for the forums to ask 2 questions from some people who know what they're talking about. Im sure these same questions have been asked but I don't have time to read through everything.
My first question:

I have two PS3 Fosgate 12's. DVC 2-ohm. Wired to a 2 ohm load. Cant remember if that's series or parallel. But anyway...I currently have an Alpine 500 watt mono. Rated at 500x1 at 2 ohm. SO does that mean that there is a total of 250 watts going to EACH speaker or 500?

This leads into question number 2:

My speakers are rated at 600 watts RMS. IF the amp is only putting 250 to each speaker I feel like I can use a much larger amp. If I go with a 1000 or 1200 watt mono amp wired at 2 ohm will that be putting 500 or 600 watts to each speaker? That's what I would like, about 500/600 to each.

With that being said what amp would you guys recommend to push the hell out of these speakers. Being reasonable and a budget of no more than $400? Without getting into the BIG 3's and all that technical stuff. I'm using these in my boat. Amp just runs off two deep cell batteries. Don't get me wrong it sounds good now, but I want a little more. I guess I ended up with three questions. But thank you for any help.
250 to each

you could gain up to 3db which is right at the noticeable difference range.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.