2 Alpine Type R 1243D Dual 4ohm with crunch 1400.2?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ERIKCABRERA
10+ year member

Hey guys i got a quick question, i have the new model alpine type r 1243d, I want to use a crunch 1400.2 amp at 4ohms 1 channel that gives 1400rms, now if i put inner positive to inner negative with the jumper cable on each sub, and connect the speaker wires to the outside positive/negative, i should get the amp to give me 4ohm, and i put it on mono instead of stereo. Now m question is since my subs are 600rms max, this setup should give it 700rms to each one but i hear that crunch is over rated so would this amp be fine for these subs?

Heres the amp info:

2 Channel - 4ohm

1400 Watts x 1 ch @ 4 Ohms

700 watts x 2 ch @ 2 Ohms

350 watts x 2 ch @ 4 ohms

Bridgeable amplifier

MOSFET outputs

PWM digital power supply

High level inputs for OEM Radios

Fully Adjustable Crossovers

SEPP A/B Class Amplifier Designs

All 2-Channel and 4-Channel Feature Bridgeable Designs

CRUNCH Illuminated Logo

Rugged MOSFET Pulse Width Modulation Power Supply for Instant Maxx Power Output

1-Ohm Capable A/B Class Mono Block Amps

2-Ohm Capable A/B Class 2/4/5-Channel Amps

So this is how i think about connecting everything.

2cn8kjq.gif

hmm? How could it not, i understand its not a high class amp but ti should at least work fine with the subs, or your saying that if i do set it up the way i want to, this amp will not do anything at all to it?

It is rated the same way but theres no way to connect these subs like that, i checked the manual and 2 4ohm subs cant be connect so that 1 amp gives it 2ohm

ok so if this amp is no good, would you say that i should get the JBL GTO-14001 thats 1200rms at 4ohms x 1channel?

Wire each sub in parallel and run them to each channel. That would give you the 700x2@2ohm like the amps supposed to do. I read earlier someone say an audioque 1000.1 was around 100ish if I remember correctly. If you already have the amp then I'd say use it. If not look for a 1ohm stable amp that will power them. Hope that helps

i tried that once and the bass was soft, i know it because the amp is a low class amp. Ok so what amp do you recommend for my subs, i was thinking on the JBL GTO14001 but its a A/B Class so its might not be good, i need a amp thats 1000-1200rms at 4ohms x 1 channel

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.