Kicker IX thoughts

Participant count
  • Participant list

All_Logix
10+ year member

Formerly CivicGTi
Texas
So, I am considering running a Kicker IX1000.1 on two JBL power series 10's...any thoughts, I can get the kicker amp for a really good price, I jus was wondering if anyone had dealt with them and what the quality was

I can start by saying I have never liked Fosgate, I don't mean to sound like a total douche, but I have never seen anything from them I really like and the prime is their cheap stuff. I agree that there are better subs out there but I like the punch of these, the only other ones I have heard that I like better are the JL w3, I suppose it's all just personal preference but I'm not looking for like crazy quality or crazy power just moderate.

I can start by saying I have never liked Fosgate, I don't mean to sound like a total douche, but I have never seen anything from them I really like and the prime is their cheap stuff. I agree that there are better subs out there but I like the punch of these, the only other ones I have heard that I like better are the JL w3, I suppose it's all just personal preference but I'm not looking for like crazy quality or crazy power just moderate.
I under stand brand preference, but there is so much better quality to be had than kicker and RF. I only suggested the RF because it was the only other amp on SonicElectronix that met your specs and was decent.

Any decent 10" subwoofer will have nice punch. Those JBLs are not up to the same quality as those subs I listed. Sonic Electronix is not the end-all-be-all one-stop-shop for your car audio needs.

I would recommend you get a pair of those subwoofers I named earlier, and power them with an amp that pushes 600-1000 @ 2ohms, you're looking at 250-300 dollars for that kind of amp.

The Kicker Impulse amps were perfectly fine, did rated and did it cleanly. The JBL Power series subs are also great subs for the money. Ive seen people buy those and compare them to Focals that cost hundreds of more dollars and everything else and still prefer the JBLs

OK...sonic electronix isn't where I was getting stuff, and car audio isnt my life...So if you why talk **** to people who don't like exactly what you like. All I asked was what people thought of the quality, I don't care about how much you think its a fail...so you know a little about higher ranked brands, and you prolly blow your whole paycheck on it, so in ten years...my audio system might be a fail to you...but at least my life wont be

P.S. Thanks to everyone who gave me more options without attacking me, and thank you whitedragon for answering my question

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.