2 !3W7's

BumpinDoug
10+ year member

15A's B!TCH
Atlanta
I need an amp around 1800RMS for two 13W7's. I was thinking just goin around 1200 watts with a JBL 1200.1, would that be fine for two 13W7's? Or how about a 1000/1, would that be ok for two of them? They would be wired to 1.5 ohms, so the amp i get needs to be 1 ohm stable. Id rather keep it $650 and under, maybe a two amp combo is fine. Any ideas or see anything wrong with givin aroun 600 RMS to each of these subs?

I need an amp around 1800RMS for two 13W7's. I was thinking just goin around 1200 watts with a JBL 1200.1, would that be fine for two 13W7's? Or how about a 1000/1, would that be ok for two of them? They would be wired to 1.5 ohms, so the amp i get needs to be 1 ohm stable. Id rather keep it $650 and under, maybe a two amp combo is fine. Any ideas or see anything wrong with givin aroun 600 RMS to each of these subs?
viper 2500d? possibly...check that out!

peace

NG

Just a quick note for you guys. Per JL Audio, the -recommended- wattage to just ONE 13 is 1000...if you're going to run two of them, you would most definately benefit from having two amps. I'm not too sure on a high-quality amp for under $650, but i know that i'm running two 12 W7's off one 1000/1 and it's no where near as loud as it could be. i just don't have the money to purchase another 1000/1 right now. But then again, i don't know of alot of prices for audio now a days, so i'm sure there's something out there that would work. Good luck!

Luz

Um how about the hifinics 1500X, i think its the brutus? Puts out 1500 at 1 ohm, think that would work goog? About 700 goin to each speaker. I guess this goes back to the old good sub cheap amp debate, is this compatible and would it sound good?

Um how about the hifinics 1500X, i think its the brutus? Puts out 1500 at 1 ohm, think that would work goog? About 700 goin to each speaker. I guess this goes back to the old good sub cheap amp debate, is this compatible and would it sound good?
AHEM!!! see my first post! can prolly find one for like 550...peace

NG

Good question Doug. I always ask myself and my friends "If you're getting a bad ass sub, why get a cheap ass amp?" Holds true to the setup at hand. You have ahold of two of the best subs i've ever heard, IMO! I have yet to hear a few others i'd like to, but anyways. Since you have two 13's...why get a crappy amp for them? JL's 1000/1 monoblock is actually a perfect match for our W7's series, and has the features we would like to have to make the subs wang hard. But it's your money and your system, so it's entirely up to you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Luz

do u plan on competing?? if not then id just get a amp thatll give about 700 watts rms a piece and put them in a ported box and youll be satisfied, b/c id rather have less than the maxium possible wattage so u dont run the risk of damaging ur speaker, but if put in the right box 700 a piece will push the w7, but now if ur competing id put as much as i could going to them within reason

Good question Doug. I always ask myself and my friends "If you're getting a bad ass sub, why get a cheap ass amp?" Holds true to the setup at hand. You have ahold of two of the best subs i've ever heard, IMO! I have yet to hear a few others i'd like to, but anyways. Since you have two 13's...why get a crappy amp for them? JL's 1000/1 monoblock is actually a perfect match for our W7's series, and has the features we would like to have to make the subs wang hard. But it's your money and your system, so it's entirely up to you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Luz
Just becasuse hes not gona get a 1000/1 doesnt mean its gona be a crappy amp. There are SO many brands of amps out there that do the jump for SO much cheaper. What makes u call an amp crappy? Like a hifonics or tsunami or somethign like that do u think those are crappy? just wondering. Cuz u made a mistake in buying a 1000/1 because like u said u didnt have enough money to buy another when u couldve easily gotten 2 just as good amps for cheaper.

I say go with the Hifonics 1500. Theres also that Tsunami 1800 i dont know if u could wire ur subs to a 2 ohm load though. Id personally go with teh hifonics or Jmacs suggestion for the rubicons,

if you're willing to throw down on a jl1000/1. Buy two Tsunami 1100D stable @ 1ohm and pushing 1100..not too shabby. I would put more than 700 watts to each. They can take much much more than that.

You mistook what i was sayin capone....i'm not saying any of those amps are "crappy"...what i AM saying is that he needs to make sure that it's going to do his 13 W7 justice...i could name a FEW amps at this point in time that would make that 13 sound like total ****. So no need to get defensive man. I am saying that he needs to make sure that what he gets will benefit him to the fullest. Sure he can go out and buy a 5000watt amp, but how GOOD would that amp make his w7 sound? it could be all good for puttin up those hi SPL marks, but what about everything else? How well can the amp perform under intense heat? How good is the amp's x-over...you know, little crap like that that adds up. i'm not calling anything crappy, just making sure he remembers to check ALL the features before he buys.

Luz

The 1100D wont work because of wiring options. One sub would be .75 ohms or 3 ohms, so a two amp setup would be tough. So YES or NO on the hifinics given about 700 each? I know it wont get the most out of the sub SPL wise, but its just for loud daily driving, not for comps. Will this work good and keep down on distortion? I need a poll....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BumpinDoug

10+ year member
15A's B!TCH
BumpinDoug
Atlanta
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date