2 15's in a 3000GT?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Norcalracer283
10+ year member

4 more years of hell....
Danville, Ca
Is this possible.....were looking to get really loud sealed with 2 15's. Considered an single 18" XXX so that kinda gives u an idea of the sq and spl the kid is looking for.....he wouldnt mind being louder than that single XXX though.....So, suggestions on 2 15's are more than welcome.... My guess is about 1200 watts to each, maybe 1300

Is this possible.....were looking to get really loud sealed with 2 15's. Considered an single 18" XXX so that kinda gives u an idea of the sq and spl the kid is looking for.....he wouldnt mind being louder than that single XXX though.....So, suggestions on 2 15's are more than welcome.... My guess is about 1200 watts to each, maybe 1300
sq and spl? Eclipse all the way. I have had various setups in my car: 2 12" Eclipse Aluminums, 1 15" Eclipse Titanium, 1 15" Eclipse Titanium PRO. They all bang harder than is necessary but it is extremely precise every note, every time. PM me or email lonestar711@sbcglobal.net If he is interested or needs help seeing as how I have a 3kgt also. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

2 adire tempests. SQ = awesome SPL = loud

id give that a try in a heartbeat. now what if they introduce XBL^2 to these next year =D

they are DVC8, so remember that when getting an amp. 2ohm is as low as 2 of them will go i think...

well is u want jus spl get it but if u want a dialy driver dont get 15's. research shows u have to b up to 24 ft. away to get the full effect of a 15" woofer. so unless u have a superstretch dont do it lol. id say go with 2 L7 12's for loud and 2 jl w6v2 12's for sq if u got the cash

research shows
what research? Give me annotations, studies, something.

u have to b up to 24 ft. away to get the full effect of a 15" woofer.
I think you're trying to say that sound doesn't propagate well until it reaches a full wavelength (basically the distinction between a near field and far field, at least in RF). The problem with this is that at audio frequencies, they cover such a huge spectrum that specific wavelengths are practically irrelevant. Say, for example, that you have a 50Hz sine wave. That waveform is going to have a full wavelength of:

lambda = C/F

where C is the speed of light (3x10^8 m/s)

F is the frequency in cycles/sec (Hz)

comes out to around 22 feet...but these number can vary as much as 56 feet (20Hz) or 14 feet (80Hz). So where does 24 come into play? Besides, what's the "full effect" of the woofer? If you're in the driver's near field, are you getting less than the full effect?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Norcalracer283

10+ year member
4 more years of hell....
Norcalracer283
Danville, Ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date