2 12's sealed , or 3 10's , or 4 8's?

Hoots

Florida
Hey everyone , So my current setup is 1 SA 12 on 750 watts with the sound qubed q1-750 , I would be driving more watts but I cant unfortunately because of my battery. I have a 2.5 cu ft ported box tuned to 32 hz and it hist low pretty good I can feel the bass pretty good but I feel like it's not enough , the sound quality is good but I want more boom , I want to turn heads and be flexing , like be heard from a block away and be felt.

Because of my small trunk would 2 JBL gt5-12 in a sealed box on 500 watts be good enough? I feel like sealed won't deliver that boom I want?

Next would 3 10's in a sealed or ported do the job?

Or even 4 8's?

Or even If i go with any of those maybe I need more watts?

Let me know what you think please!

Tune your box to 37 to 38hz. That will give you hella boom.

youd be surprised what a change in tuning can have on the output you get.

Or add another sa 12 have em both in a 3 to 3.5 cubic foot box tuned to high 30s.

Either way, you gonna want 2000 watts to acheive your goal.

All your other choices are downgrades.

Tune your box to 37 to 38hz. That will give you hella boom.youd be surprised what a change in tuning can have on the output you get.

Or add another sa 12 have em both in a 3 to 3.5 cubic foot box tuned to high 30s.

Would a 3 or 3.5 cu ft box be possible with these dimensions: 29' width , 19 1/2' depth , 13 3/8' height? I had a 4 cu ft box for two jbl gt5-12 and it didn't fit. If i upgrade my battery and drive 1200 watts to my 1 12 would it be a big improvement in what I am looking for?

Tune your box to 37 to 38hz. That will give you hella boom.youd be surprised what a change in tuning can have on the output you get.

If I drive about 1200 watts to my single 12 would it be a big improvement in what I am looking for? Also is a 3 cu ft box possible with these dimensions : 29' width , 19 1/2' depth , 13 3/8 height?

Turning heads is good (unless its the cops) and flexing is bad. Flexing is lost acoustical output.

You will ultimately need more than 750 watts rms to get a wow system. You will need to upgrade electrical if going over 1000~1500. Don't try and cram subs in spaces too small. The other options would not be an upgrade over your current sub if it is in an ideal enclosure.

If I drive about 1200 watts to my single 12 would it be a big improvement in what I am looking for? Also is a 3 cu ft box possible with these dimensions : 29' width , 19 1/2' depth , 13 3/8 height?
no, you only have enough space for one 12 or 2 10s. Just change out the box man, its just not working for you. If you want something nice, go with Zv3s 10s on 4000 watts. You'll need a big battery bank and a high output alternator. You wont get anything impressive out of crammed subs in sealed boxes on low power.

Also with the dimensions you posted, I dont see you having a 2.5 cubic feet enclosure, most you have is a 1.9 - 2.2 enclosure after displacement with proper port area. This is totally an enclosure issue bro

Turning heads is good (unless its the cops) and flexing is bad. Flexing is lost acoustical output.
You will ultimately need more than 750 watts rms to get a wow system. You will need to upgrade electrical if going over 1000~1500. Don't try and cram subs in spaces too small. The other options would not be an upgrade over your current sub if it is in an ideal enclosure.
Haha I meant flexing as in like stunting on people , basically showing off.

[quote name='Hoots']Haha I meant flexing as in like stunting on people , basically showing off.[/QUOTE]

if you want to show off, have an hds 208 in a T-line enclosure, you'll do crazy damage with a T-line box and when you show people your woofer, and they see a tiny little thing putting out that much sound, they'll be impressed.

@CSCStang ; has a few customers that he did T-line enclosures for that are blown away by how brutal a single 8" can get.

Its cool to show off at a car stereo competition or a meet. Otherwise its seems pretty high school to go around blasting trying to "flex". Maybe im just getting old (25)

no, you only have enough space for one 12 or 2 10s. Just change out the box man, its just not working for you. If you want something nice, go with Zv3s 10s on 4000 watts. You'll need a big battery bank and a high output alternator. You wont get anything impressive out of crammed subs in sealed boxes on low power.

Also with the dimensions you posted, I dont see you having a 2.5 cubic feet enclosure, most you have is a 1.9 - 2.2 enclosure after displacement with proper port area. This is totally an enclosure issue bro
I really wish I had a different car I would have so many different possibilities like a Hdc315 which would fosho turn heads. Anyways no it is a 2.5 cu ft box : 20' depth , 29' wide , 13.375' height. Port is : 11.875', 2.50' wide ,26.60' length.

Its cool to show off at a car stereo competition or a meet. Otherwise its seems pretty high school to go around blasting trying to "flex". Maybe im just getting old (25)
No you are not too old, Its just called being respectable to your surroundings, most of the times, I can only crank mines on the freeway, rarely crank it anywhere unless i'm giving ppl a demo and I make sure i'm away from residential houses.

I've seen plenty disrespectful older people just blare their systems with songs full of cuss words in neighborhoods and parks where kids play.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.