2 12" type-R or 1 15" Fi Q

^^ Yes ... I have about 1200 watts going to it ... and it rumbles the lows. I love it because unlike other sub stages I have had it still souds good playing laid back music like Dave Matthews or Jack Johnson... The Q is by far the best souding sub I have owned. and I love it

the type r's in the right box compared to the q in the right box, off lets say bout 1k rms-1.5k rms, the r's would no doubt get LOUDER and handle the lows fairly. the q on the other hand compared in the right box off same power will be better in SQ though and also will hadle the lows a bit better than the type r. so if you want loudness, go with the r's, if you want sq and some lows, grab the q.

are Q's punchy or more on the rumbler side?
this is going to be a daily setup btw.

when i decide on what i will get i will put em in a 4.5^3 @32hz

:]
Net or gross? I would think with that much room you should go with the Q. If you had more room id say the R's would be louder but thats not enough room.

well i went ahead and got me the Q15. hopefully this wont be a bad purchase since i heard a lot of good things from it. how long does it usually to get here at my door?

i had it in a 2.5cuft @32.i only had one of these but **** it did thump. it bottoms out quite easily tho. i had it set to 700rms. if only i had 2 of these maybe i wouldn't have to buy a new set up lol.

I have had both setups, but had 1 12" Q off 1000rms and 2 12 Type R's off the 1000rms. Did 141.2 with the R's and 138.1 with the Q. Q sounded better, but R's were louder and could tell for the most part and lasted a **** ton longer! Couldn't get the Q to last more than 3 months till something else happend to it.

so a Q15 should get louder than 2 12 R's am i correct? 3dbs isnt that big of a difference so how is it noticeable that the 2 12 r's are louder?

so a Q15 should get louder than 2 12 R's am i correct? 3dbs isnt that big of a difference so how is it noticeable that the 2 12 r's are louder?
3 dB is a huge difference. In theory 3 dB is double the sound intensity, but humans tend to perceive double the sound intensity as 6+ dB. Still, it is a very noticeable difference.

i thought double the intensity was +10dbs.

well anyway his said 141 was from 2 12 R's

and 138 from 1 Q12.

so a Q15 be potentially louder correct?

i thought double the intensity was +10dbs.
well anyway his said 141 was from 2 12 R's

and 138 from 1 Q12.

so a Q15 be potentially louder correct?
Nope. Sound intensity works on a logarithmic scale. I've done the calculations before and if I have my decimal places correct double the sound intensity is 2.995 dB and 10 times the sound intensity is exactly 10 dB.

Fi Q's are alright, but type R's have put up some good numbers.. i'd go with the 2 type R's
Good job getting the Q, IMO R's dont sound good at all..Loud yes, but so are audioblings, cvrs, etc.. Its more to a daily driver then how loud it is...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.