2 12" l7s or 1 15? on 1200 watts

do a 15" dual 2 ohm on that jbl in 5 cubes at 33 hz with about 50-60 in of port and **** will be LOUD.

Also use rca splitters and plug in all 4 rca inputs on the amp, it almost doubles output for some reason, just do it i had one.

It's not a matter of space. The fact is with only 1200 watts to work with, you'd be seriously underpowering those 12s. They're rated for 750 and can take about 1000. Yeah you could do it but you'd be strangling them.

Listen to 99Olds. That system would be absolute murder if you just want to pound. Don't underestimate the power of a single 15.

Keep in mind that the BP1200's will do north of 1400 at 1 ohm, and roughly 1300 at 2. I had a 15L7 dual 4 on that exact amp and it pounded the piss out of my car.

ya so i better go measure my trunk that way i can figure out the dimensions for this 5 cft box.

would you say itd be better aiming back, up, or into the backseats?

last question is, would a 2 farad cap help at all because i got one for free. thanks

Back toward the rear. But give it as much space as you possibly can between the face of the box and the end. If the subs and port are right up against the thing it'll just sound like crap.

alright so its my friends dad who is basicly building my box. Hes stuck on the kicker website and it says that it sounds better sealed. so he wants to build a 4.5 cft box with pollyfill in the inside. would that sound better than a 4.5 cft box ported?

Port that thing. L7's hate sealed. I've dealt with many L5's and L7's in 12 and 15" inch form. I have yet to be satisfied with any of them sealed.

well i guess ill see how it turns out, some mdf isnt that expensive and if it sounds bad then ill just go to a shop and have them make a ported box.

so is dealercostcaraudio really a scam because i was thinkin about buying a HU from there?

GO PORTED!!! if you want output why waste all the waves being created by the back side of the sub?

p.s. why kicker? for the money of that 15 you have alot of options

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.