2 12'' kicker L7's... Enclosure??

Participant count
  • Participant list

NYCkid718
10+ year member

I have been browsing the net for a few days now trying to find a great enclosure design for 2 12'' L7's. I see that MOST people tune their box to 32 hz (perhaps because thats what kicker suggests). I want my L7's to get LOUD but at the same time I wanna get my lows in there too. Anyhow, after a little searching I came up with this design and I would appreciate some input... Also, I am looking for a boxbuilder to build the box so if anyone in here who has a good rep as a boxbuilder reads this please contact me or let me know what we can work out.

Here is the design I have in mind, this is for a ported enclosure....please give me let me know what you all think:

6ft ^3 NET volume AFTER all displacement, 70-80in ^2 of port, tuned to 34 hz.

Is this too much/ too little volume and or port space for these subs and what you guys think about the frequency tuning???Thanks.

PS... I have an old school monster PPI PC2350 that will be pushing these bad boys.

Here is the design I have in mind, this is for a ported enclosure....please give me let me know what you all think:

I built several enclosures for my 12" L7s.....5ft3/60"2/33hz had the best results both loud and low:yes:

I have been browsing the net for a few days now trying to find a great enclosure design for 2 12'' L7's. I see that MOST people tune their box to 32 hz (perhaps because thats what kicker suggests). I want my L7's to get LOUD but at the same time I wanna get my lows in there too. Anyhow, after a little searching I came up with this design and I would appreciate some input... Also, I am looking for a boxbuilder to build the box so if anyone in here who has a good rep as a boxbuilder reads this please contact me or let me know what we can work out.

Is this too much/ too little volume and or port space for these subs and what you guys think about the frequency tuning???Thanks.

PS... I have an old school monster PPI PC2350 that will be pushing these bad boys.
i just had a box designed by immacomputer and he said he's had alot of expperince with kickers and he tuned mine to 36 hz and 4 cu ft. but i was limited on space so maybe thats why it's only 4 cu ft i wouldn't know but he told me that would be best for me with what i have.

i'm running them with a vr2000d so i have plenty of power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.