2 10's (type R) vs. 1 12' (D6)

what is the D6? and yes the type r's from what I have seen are EXTREMELY impressive. (which ***** cause I always clown on people that use subs that are overused. And people seem to be screaming type r all the time. And even WITH that I am starting to swear by them.

D6 = Diamond Audio D6 woofer.

D6 and Diamond in general are known for quality over loudness. Last I heard a D9 it impressed me though.

Two 10" R's Sealed vs D6 12 Ported is a toss up. I'd say D6 will probably be a tad louder.

D6 will sound better.

Just my opinion though

I would take the higher quality sub (d6) over 2 cheaper subs (type Rs) any day. But before you drop some cash, why don't you put your type Rs in a real box?

ive heard one d6 and it was a 10 in a ported box and i liked it. I was also debating on a 12w3 or 12w6 depending on if i could find a w6 for under 200. what do you reccomend for a SQ 12 in a ported box?

i would have to say that the d6 will deff sound better ...... the type rs have a good chances to be louder but is a sealed box its tough .... its a toos up

If you can port those type R's I bet they would take a DUMP on the D6. I have one 12 now and about 500 to 600 true rms watts doing around a 149 to 150 on an old audio control which still isn't bad at all and musical. Almost completely flat in the box I did from 38 hz to 60

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.