2 10" Kicker CVR + 1 12" L7 in a Dodge Caliber

So, I just bought an L7 and need to build a box to accomodate the three woofers.

I don't know exactly how much room I have in the back of my car, but it is a hatchback and I'm not too worried about storage at the moment. They can always be taken out if I have something big to haul around.

I may eventually want to do competitions, but for now I'll just be listening to music. I listen to everything from Death Metal to Underground Rap. So tuning may be a bit difficult.

Right now I have a Kicker 750.1 powering my 2 10s and I believe my buddy is going to be selling me his 1000w Rockford Fosgate to add to the collection. I guess I'll probably need a capacitor too for all this.

I guess being the car audio newbie that I am if someone could point me into the direction of the forums for wiring together all this nonsense, and then someone help me with a box I'd be the most thankful person ever.

I feel so needy.

Thanks in advance

-Wolf

Ahmed second bat or deep cell not a cap and make sure you have your impedance figured out.... I would run both amps

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Agm

Well not too many people are going to advise running different subs, not to mention they are different sizes. Could really cause cancellation, phase issues, etc... So I would sell the L7 and the Kicker amp, and get 1 or 2 more CVRs. Put 4 of them on a 1200 watt amp, or 3 on a 1000 watt amp or so. You will be much more satisfied. As for capacitors, they virtually dont do anything. Just make sure you upgrade your big 3, and you should be fine running 1200 watts. If you go up in wattage from there, get a new alternator and a second battery.

if i were you i would definately not connect all three subs to one amp, out of my own experience, one will eventually pop.what battery do u you have? i ask cuz if u have a good battery you can always run a distribution block at the battery and just buy extra wiring for the other amp, and yea id definately reccomend doing the big 3

Never put 2 different model lines of subs together. They are built for different things not to mention Kickers sound like wet farts so combine phasing and cancellation issues and it will sound even worse. Capacitors are proven not to work. Help yourself out and before you drop another penny, do some research and learn you some info about car audio before wasting your $. But if you would rather waste your money, send some to me, I'll give it a good home rather than pissing it down the drain.

Ok.

So I didn't get the L7 like I thought I was going to do.

The speakers I have are 10CVR102. I'll be running 4 of these. And I'm not trying to start a huge flame-war about brands.

And before I drop any more money, like kushy so beautifully put it, I'm doing research.

As for amps. I either wanna jump up to a 1200 or so amp, or run another 750.1, if at all possible.

My battery is some silver edition nonsense from Advanced Autoparts. Apparently batteries for my car are ridiculously expensive.

I literally just put a new alternator on my car not even two months ago.

Any non-flame starting help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm always looking to learn.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.