1997 Dodge Dakota Build

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kikazz74

whats up guys? ive recently moved over here from SMD and thought i should post my build up.

Equipment list from begining to end.

HU:

JVC KD-R320

Sony CDX-GT270MP

Clarion CZ500

Sub Amp:

Hifonics BRZ 1700.1D

Speaker Amp:

JL Audio G6600 6 Channel

Wiring:

Kicker 1/0 for power and ground

Xscorpion flat 1/0 for Big 3

Kicker 12ga for sub

Sub:

Fi Audio BL 18 d2 fully loaded

Speakers:

Kicker KS65 Coaxials in doors and rear

Tweeters:

currently alpines

soon to be Rockford Fosgate Power Series silk domes in keep_hope_alive tweeter spheres

carpeted amp rack

From or made by keep_hope_alive

onto pics

ports

tools to sand ports

Last edited by a moderator:
painting the box with my special mix

gear for the first round

what could this be?!?!

i think its my sub!

next to a size 16 shoe

im 6'4" and roughly 270lbs as a comparison

as of now that is the finished project minus a tweeter change and some tuning. it has been a great chance to learn some things good and bad. i cant explain how much help kha was to me. it would not have been done without him. hearing his car gave me a better appreciation for what sq really is. he inspired me to step this up a bit.

so please feel free to comment or leave me questions guys. ill be around to answer them.

thank you

Cody C.

i forgot you posted this.

a few of the photos i took:

IMG_20130626_225652_362.jpg

IMG_20130626_225719_739.jpg

we used some rubber mounts (about 1/4" thick each) to gain space behind the amp rack and also absorb vibrations.

what this is:

2013-06-26193028_zpsde39fca5.jpg

we wanted to essentially tap the 1/0 power for the sub amp to feed the 6-channel. so this is a dual 1/0 connector with a short section of wire to a fuse holder to feed the G6600. once it was secure, i wrapped it with self-fusing silicone tape (rated to 1000V per layer).

IMG_20130626_225752_803.jpg

there are front and rear coaxial drivers. but some more highs were needed since those speakers are muffled due to location. i put in some tweeter spheres for the short term, and have them running through the passive crossovers shown below. eventually, a decent active crossover would let us just run active and defeat the tweets in the doors.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.