2 Zv3 15's in a Scion TC all COMPLETE!

Participant count
  • Participant list
All done. All installed. All ready to go. Sounds incredible, gets nasty low, and finally the woofers have all the space they need to do what they do best.

6.9 cubes net.

Tuned to 33.8 hz.

96 square inches of port and 21 inches long.

Running off of an SAZ3500 at 1 ohm.

D3100 in the back. D3400 under the hood.

Audio Technix 1/0 gauge all through car.

Big 3.

DC Power 270XP alternator.

SMD-VM1 voltmeter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back seats are still usable, it sounds great, and I'm incapable of making a wall. Haven't metered, hopefully will one day! I understand the wave development statement. We did the best we could without making a wall!

i like the equipment. very nice for a daily system. make sure that box doesn't vibrate where the amp is mounted on it, otherwise you can toast the amp!

We placed rubber stoppers behind the amp at all 4 corners to mitigate the vibrations. It really absorbs a lot of it, and keeps it from tapping and smacking into the back of the box. Good looking out though, thanks! It's great as a daily system right now.. If I woulda skipped right to walling it, where would I go next after that? Other than additional woofers? One step at a time. Gotta enjoy the regular box setups and get sick and used to those before I go with the almighty wall and never look back. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

niceee. port forward? did you try it port back also? and do you have that smd voltage meter that has a few voltage incators with the led needles? i think those look pretty cool but they dont make them anymore or something. Thats one useless thing by him that actually caught my eye ha

Didn't try the port backward. This is really all that we could fit while trying to preserve the back seats as much as possible, and utilize the most airspace as possible while not losing much port area and length. We had a few other designs in mind, but all fell through, and this came out on top. It sounds really clean and smooth. Like the guy said early, wavelength development may be an issue, but as far as my ears and a few others can tell, it is minuscule. Sounds awesome. The ports fired upward but in the back on my last one, and it caused obnoxious amounts of rattling.

Yes. The voltmeter is the ****! Costs a little more than most meters, but it is so freakin' accurate and with a bar graph reading, it is extremely responsive and real time with its readings. Looks awesome too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.