1996 Ford Windstar, FU Audio & Sundown

Put a couple more hours into the build tonight. Should have it fully done by tomorrow night. Ordered my speaker wire and terminals tonight as well, so those should be in early next week, wednesday by the latest I would think. Once the box is done I'll get the mids and highs prepped for install while I wait for the speaker wire to come in.

GCXfpZ3.jpg

GwNgej5.jpg

Dry fitting the bottom & threaded rod just to get an idea how this is going to look when done.

w4EnCpi.jpg

6mYPXok.jpg

Lowes only sells 3/4" lock nuts so I had to trim these down. I'm not using a split washer, so if these loosen up over time I'll get some blue threadlock.

y9CmypC.jpg

JBirpbY.jpg

Just made a new jig to cut circles since I couldn't find my old one. Doing a very shallow test cut to make sure I measured everything correctly. Target is a slightly oversized 16 3/4"

wjhUXWT.jpg

Good to go

cwAK8vW.jpg

YcEdIuN.jpg

Highly suggest adding a hook to your ceiling or something so you can hang the power cord. Much more convenient and a lot safer.

AZHsqOK.jpg

Test fit. Nice and snug. There's no play in the fit but it's not so snug that you can't get it out.

07Jyf9k.jpg

dluK8l6.jpg

bU0EbQQ.jpg

Box will be done tonight, hopefully sanded and poly'd as well. Knu finally got some ring terminals back in stock so I ordered my speaker wire and RCA's on saturday, they shipped this morning. Should have all that in on wednesday. I'll probably see about getting the adapters made tomorrow to install the AQ's.

Couple coats of poly for the port before it goes in

8VRNSBR.jpg

k1AYYZW.jpg

66JViHF.jpg

Getting ready to attach the first baffle. I taped off the box so when the glue squeezes out I can catch it. Normally I would just wipe it off as it ran but because I'm going for a plain look I don't want to discolor the wood.

WjEfLQ6.jpg

TyIfTPX.jpg

WkvTrvD.jpg

Gotta take a sec and do a line.

n7KexXp.jpg

Quick test fit to make sure everything is ok. I don't think I'll round over the flush baffle. I kind of like the hard edge on these bigger subs.

BBC159v.jpg

QSeA8wr.jpg

FKOtpmr.jpg

Fully assembled. Still need to sand and poly everything but I'm calling it quits for tonight. Hard to get too much in when I'm working 9 hour days, already pretty exhausted when I get home.

pnn7dvW.jpg

kLsyRuW.jpg

Knu wire and rca's should be in tomorrow. I'll probably pop the box into my car just to test it, but I can't keep it in until I bolt in my false floor.

great job and great effort. if you want to TL it prior to the show, give me a shout. maybe i can get a meter day the weekend before!

great job and great effort. if you want to TL it prior to the show, give me a shout. maybe i can get a meter day the weekend before!
Yeah that would be great. I could order my XS tomorrow and have it come in monday, but I'm curious to see what this thing is going to do on 1/3 power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.