1990 honda accord stock head unit removal

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 2K
only in a old chevy or ford that used the little two prong thing!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I have installed 2 head units in my old 90 Accord. If I remember right, the steps went like this: Remove the ashtray and bracket. Remove the screws from underneath the HU (there are screws in front and back). Remove the screws from the dash console cover. This is all that you should need to remove to access all of the screws to remove the head unit. I had a Hayne's owners manual (a popular repair manual) which shows step by step removal and installation of the stereo. If you have any further trouble e-mail me and I can look it up in the book. natem33@excite.com

Sorry to change the subject, but I was wondering do you have any pics of your honda?

cuz I got a 1990 honda accord with 17" rims and 2 ten" subs in the trunk and I was wondering what yur lookes like. I will post a Pic next time im on here.

With a skew driver you should be able to remove the one screw that holds the factory radio in place. It is on the back of the stereo however and is a bit difficult to get to. But, it means you don't have to remove the whole freakin dash. good luck.

A hammer and a crowbar work, too. My neighbor found this out when some jerk-off trashed his whole dash and left the factory tape deck in the floor.....well, parts of it, at least.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.