18' Silverado Amp rack ideas...Need help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mitchc1113

I have a 2018 Silverado Double cab, I currently have an amp/component board attached to my rear wall behind my rear seats. But it becomes way too cluttered to mount everything back there. I have 3 amps, 3 power distro blocks, 2 ground distro blocks, 4 channel relay box, dsp... as you can see it's a lot. And some of the items I'd like to have on display, the distro block and relay box both have custom acrylic top plates, didnt pay what I did to have them hidden.

So I'd like to make some type of underseat box/rack... My subwoofer box goes over my rear middle seat so I have the entire area under the rear seats. I have a few ideas that I'd like to do, the problem is that I have a high transmission model so I have the large hump in the middle and it's just not flat anywhere... Anyone with a 14-18' Silverado will prob know what I'm talking about.

So I need some ideas on what to do. I'd like to have everything mount onto either a piece of wood or piece of ABS and then possibly enclose it, with maybe a sheet of plexi or acrylic on top to show everything. The sides/top aren't the the issue, it's getting the wood or abs to conform to the awkward shapes and undulations... I'm open to any and all ideas... I'd rather not have to fiberglass as I've never done it before, but the more I think about it, it might be the best option. I'm looking for the easiest way to get a clean/visually appealing result.

Heres a few pics of the kinds of results I'm looking for... I really like the 1st pic with the amps just mounted on top the plastic with the lighting coming out of the edge like that... Just struggling to figure out how to mount a full piece all the way across my floor like that with all the humps n dips under the seat...

Also I included a pic of a 2018 double cab floor... so u have an idea of what I'm workin with...

o-1.jpg

e5cd6207d98b9304551343def9cdda78.jpg

gmcsierra-18.jpg

hemi maddness pepsi 010.jpg

downloadfile-1-1.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.