18" Solo 2-12" Solo's 2 18" MTs

B campbell wha kinda setup do u have? i mean for his power the L7s would be louder in everyway. juss cuz they are MTs dont mean sh!t.D5000 on a pair of L715 vs the 18MT wit 1 d5000. Mt arent bad subs, but i dont think 2 18Mt vs 4 15 would compare. u can get stupid loud wit the Rs or L7s. i bet the R or L7 would do more wit the power. i have yet to hear a loud MT setup that doesnt have 20kw. and not peakin @50+hz im not A RE hater, juss like to get more for my $$ thats all
u kno wha my vote is and where i stand. get more for ya money
R's arent made for competing, I am sure they are loud daily subs, but its kind of like making a EK civic able to run 10's. You can do it, but its not as reliable, and its not made for serious abuse. Can you recone a Type-R or L7 in the field???? No way. Most people that choose RE and DD, do it for serviceability, and for the fact that they are shearly powerful. Granted most is in the install but I am pretty sure 1 MT > 2 Type R's 12 for 12, watt for watt. I am sure the R's are really efficent, they have to be the way the guys dick ride them, but just becuase you can burp them at 2500-3000 watts and get loud doesnt mean they can take 3000 all day. We dont hate R's we just hate how yall continually try to inform us that they are the end all answer to all subs. Or the fact yall assume we just choose RE to be fan boys. I have no doubt in my mind they're a good piece of equipment, but you cant compare a 500HP civic to a F1 car, they're just different.

Check my sig for my set up. I have yet to install it, but once its in you will be impressed...

O yeah and the MT 18'' is not 1,000 dollars dude, thats the XXX. I would never pay that for a sub either, unless it was the DD Z series or something inhumanly insane like that. If the MT is still louder than the XXX there is no way I would run one due to the price tag, but thats just me.

hmm nicely put..
Gracias
What air bag set up are you going to run, I am thinkin about baggin' the impala on 22's as soon as I finish dressin' out the engine pay, undercoating the frame(to save it from rust), and installin my system. I hear some people pay 1,000 others pay 3,000? Where are you ordering it from?

hmm mine took the abuse daily, dont see ya point honestly. wont have to worry about recones if the subs wouldnt f up in the 1st place and u make sure ya sh!t is tight be4 u enter the lane. kno ya subs limits and wha it can and can not do. i neva said they are end to all subs, but the sub is a beast and can hang wit the best of em. ive seen enuff and kno that. but ill juss let u think wha u wanna. if u make it anytime soon. cya in the lanes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

wont have to worry about recones if the subs wouldnt f up in the 1st place
This alone comment alone proves you dont know much about competing.

hmm mine took the abuse daily, dont see ya point honestly.
I never doubted your subs took abuse, but I doubt each ever saw 3000+ and thats what I said. Lets give your sub a tone wired off a 5000+ watt amp and see what it does.
Type-R's where never made for competing, call Alpine and ask them. Once again, I am not doubting they get loud, I am just stating facts. It's a proven fact that RE MT's and DD 9500 series will not only get loud, but be reliable doing so. Go ask your team member with the 2 9515's and see what he says. You need to talk to your team more and let them explain to you what I mean by in field recones and reliability, even Marky Mark Potts will agree that Type-R's are just loud daily subs and a great deal for the money, knowing **** well they're in a totally different class. He doesnt act like Type-R's are the greatest **** in the world, he just knows they're capable woofers and very nice for the price. So chill out with all the fan boy comments.

Lets socket one of my destroyers and 2 of your type-r's, hell I even let you let one blow, then plug in another one, while my destroyer is still hooked up.

Go talk to your team about the outlandish comments your posting and see what they have to say. You might be suprised.

By the way, where the **** did you learn to type/spell.

Gracias
What air bag set up are you going to run, I am thinkin about baggin' the impala on 22's as soon as I finish dressin' out the engine pay, undercoating the frame(to save it from rust), and installin my system. I hear some people pay 1,000 others pay 3,000? Where are you ordering it from?
pics of the impala please:naughty:

i ordered like 97% of my parts from http://www.suicidedoors.com...jason is a very good guy and i reccomend that if you decide to bag, order from him.

also, price wise, its all really dependent on how crazy u wanna go, like i can just bag my explorer on 20s, and not cut out the wheel wells, or nothing, and itll just go as low as the wheel wells will let it really....which isnt low enough for me...lol

im gonna be laying frame on 20s, which means notching the frame(its gonna come thru the cargo floor) cutting out all the wheel wells, moving anything in the engine bay thats in the way, the driveshaft will prally come thru the floor a little in the rear...its not gonna be great for a daily driver but hey...soon enough ill own a ford lightning or a newer explorer(in a year or 2 i hope) and keep this explorer for weekends.

but so far this is what ive spent/ordered:

8 gallon tank 70

2x viair 450 compressors 390

10 switchbox 35

torsion bar brackets 50

3x viair gauges 80

5/8" airline 90

8 smc 1/2" valves 350

rear brackets(3.5" axle) 229

shock relocating kit(3.5" axle) 35

notch kit(10") 70

2x slam specialties re-6 bags 150(other 2 bags came in a kit with the rear bracket thingy)

total thats about.......................$1550+shipping

and i still need to order a 4 link(guy is making me one, prally gonna be 600 shipped) and i need a few other lil things like fittings/ect...and a fuel cell cuase my stock tank is in the way to lay frame, which the guy thats making my 4 link just told me that a tank from a bronco II would work, so ima be hittin up the junkyard when i get back in town to find one of those:yumyum:

but next week i plan on starting the front(my friends installing it all, not me lol)

so i say maybe 2000-2500ish max on parts and prally 1000 on install...i hope to not pass 3000 tho...depending on the tank and fittings, it might be like 3500 total, but hey, its not cheap! lol....

btw if u do bag i have 100' of 1/2" airline brand new FS...i upgraded to 5/8":naughty:

Yea, my friend with a bagged caprice wagon said to give Jason a call also, once I have enough cash I am definatly going to give him a call, install I am not too worried about because I have a few friends that install stuff like that for a living so Im not to worried. Actually the only thing I am worried about is having the space in the trunk for a tank... I hope after my enclosure and batteries there will still be room.... uggh. How hard is it to drive with 5% on the shield at night, I have 5% on all 5 windows, but not on the windshield, I was thinking about doing 35% on it, but if five is driveable I might try it.

Heres a pic of the car

777771_76_full.jpg

I have more in my cardomain link in my sig

Just saw your post late my bad.

just saw ur cardomain, nice impala...my friend has a 65 on 24's(the one installing my bags)
LOL ****. Theres a few 95-96 impalas going around on the super low pro 25series tires and 24's, lowered a few inches, it looks nice.

i wont be back til later so ill post pics of my tint later, but honestly, once u get used to it, you prally will like it(if u like dark tint) i cant go back...but if u dont want 5% windshield, do 15%, its easy to see out of, its what i had before...im getting double 5 on the sides btw lol FTW!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.