18" RE XXX sub - 2007 ver. Local Pickup Only - Pittsburgh & surrounding areas

Participant count
  • Participant list

BreakingBad

Banned
pittsburgh
Item(s) for Sale: RE Audio XXX series 18" sub.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

This item was purchased brand new, not used. It has been in use for roughly ~4 years. For 2 of those years, a 1.5kw amp was pushing the sub, and for the last 2 years a 3kw amp has been pushing it. Never abused, although for my videos it has been 'tested'. This is the 2007 version of the sub. MSRP at the time I purchased it was ~$2100. I have no clue what the current price of a new XXX is, but I am factoring in the age and use of the sub in the final asking price.

I have no pictures, but I do have videos.

To get an idea, here is a stock photo from a retailer's website of what the basket looks like (again, this is the newer version not the older XXX version):

xxx18d2.jpg

Video 1: RE Audio XXX 18" - 1500w - YouTube

Video 2: RE Audio XXX 18 - Akon - Smack That - YouTube

There has been no damage to this sub in any form nor has it ever needed repaired - again, I do not abuse my subs.

Price:

Sub WITHOUT box: $500 cash.

Sub WITH box: $600.

The box is a sealed enclosure, if I remember correctly 5.25 sq ft. I paid close to $400 for a local audio shop to build this enclosure - it's yours for $100.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Due to the extreme size and weight of this sub/sub box combo, this is LOCAL PICKUP ONLY. I am located in PITTSBURGH, but am willing to work with you as far as a meet point is concerned. I will not drive more than 25-30 miles out of the city.

I am selling this only because I am trading my Trailblazer in for a new car. The system works flawlessly and hits extremely low (sealed enclosure). Sound quality is top notch.

Item Pictures: See above videos.

References are in my sig, I have 5 references but I have not completed any recent transactions as I've had a perfect working system for awhile. I am willing to exchange phone numbers to discuss on the telephone. Please do not low ball or throw me other offers, price stands as-is. $500 for a $2100 speaker is an amazing deal knowing how expensive RE products are.

great drivers! people dog on the newer versions all the time but i have two and they sound very nice and take the power well. make sure you know what your doing though as these are very susceptible to clipping. (thats why i feel they get a bad rap. some dumb rich kid buys them they fail cus hes an idiot and its the subs fault.) Bump for some great speakers op!

Yeah, I understand the difficulty in finding a buyer due to the local pickup only - I just have no packing materials nor knowledge on how to properly send a 90 pound speaker thru UPS. I do have the round container it shipped in, but again I do not have any packing materials and UPS will charge upwards of $100 to ship and insure it - if there is a prospective buyer who REALLY wants this, is willing to pay for the shipping outright no questions asked I can contact UPS as I believe they actually offer a service in which they will package your item for you - but I doubt they know how to properly package a 90 pound speaker.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.