6" aero vs 4"

Crzy
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ok currently i have a box with 3 4" flared ports tuned to 39 hz at 3.9ish cubes for my hdc315 off aroudn 2k rms with how my gain is set. i have got my hands on many 6 inch tubes that i wanna build a box with. using the psp port calculator i can only realistically run 2 of them at required length to use 3 they would have to be too long to fit.

the question i have is though is will 2 6" ports with only a routerd edge as the flare have more port area then 3 4" psp ports? what will move more air? should i just stick with my 3 4" psp box or make new one and use the 6" tubes. i might be able to squeeze 3 of the 6" in but they will have to be 30" long and my tubes are only 21" long right now and the box is not that deep in any dimension

illl have to take pics of the tubes i have the psp flares wont work on them. they are thick cardboard tubes for 1500 pound rtolls of paper 21 inches long. the wall diamiter is like 3/4 of an inch maybe na inch, real heavy duty. theya re kind of like a sonotube but way stronger i can stand on it and it wont flex. can doa box with like 8 of them but no room ha i can get as many of these as i need.

you talking about using those cardboard tubes they use to ship stuff in i think those things are soaked in resin are they not cause they are really strong. i don't know of anyone using those but hey all i can say is try it an see how it comes out. now the flares they say they work on pvc tubeing but your have to do some sanding to get them to fit just right..

i would say the 6 would move more air simply cause they are bigger an i think that 6's are better for subs bigger than 12's anyway. too bad i don't have any.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.