18" in single cab?

I am wanting \needing help? My 1st build and I have a2000 silverado just got a new sQ3 2200 .2 getting whatever someone suggests. But as of now it'll be a sQ3 hc4 18". I've received my 300 amp alternator getting yellow top optima and in the mail is audio control epicenter. Thoughts on batt cap is necessary? And of course blo thru box help. Please

I have a 2011 Silverado single cab myself and have several 18s ...Id think fitting one in there would be nearly Impossible if wanting t keep 2 seats semi comfortable...I have 2 10" old school round solo baric Kickers in mine...If I did away with he console and got creative ...there would be rom maybe for a couple of 12s

Thanks for the input. I understand 12" or 15" would be easier, but....an 18" banging in a single blo thru would be bad a.., u know? I haven't purchased sub yet. Paychecks and all so I'm open, tho someone surely has done this. The bed height interior wise is about 20". Interior of truck under back glass can be around 30" not considering the rise under middle of cab. I don't mind cutting a huge hole. I'm an inexperienced builder if box's. I'm in east Texas and no one is doing the blo thru. I need someone to metaphorically hold my hand.

You can see how theyre angled, but something about these trucks you in reality only have about 13" of usable height for the port. The cab and bed dont line up.

Pair of 12" HDC3's would be far supperior for you. I wouldn't attempt to try to make this work with an 18" unless you are very good and have done blow throughs before. I also suspect that you won't have nearly as much height as you think after you figure in wood and a gasket between cab and bed. Making sub(s) and port on the same plane will be important and difficult if you need to angle the 18". Might could do a pair of 15's but I'd bet that'll even be cutting it close.

Ive done an 18 before-not easy.15's are perfect because in those trucks you have 18 inches outer clearence before the bottem outer rim of the bed.No angels too deal with.With the 18 the port is just as easy as any L shaped ports---pick a side wrap it around the back wall and screw the angel baffel board to the port board same as the other side.No need to cut the port wall to match baffle angel.

Yocom

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.