$1600 Budget

SaturnSC1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok, I have a 96 Jeep Cherokee(the regular not the grand). I would like a new HU with 3 RCA outputs, and a nice display with animations or so. Secondly when i go to crutchfield it says my speakers are 5.25", but when i look at the grille that covers them it's rectangular like it fits a 4 x 6. But i need replacements all the way around. Something that I can run at about 100 watts rms and still sound clear and give pretty good midbass response. Lastly i would like 2 12" Subwoofers. Something that can get very loud, but can maintain SQ. Kind of like breath taking loud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif Hopefully my budget is high enough to accomplish that.

there has been alot of talk about the crystal ssc6 components. ppl say you can find them around 160 per set. as far as subs, i am hearing that FI Qs get loud and have excelent sound quality..may be something to look into. a nice amp for your subs and another for the speakers, lots of sound deadening, wiring...the obvious. hope that helps you out man

Nick

Ok, good looking out. If i were to grab 2 of the Fi Q's do you think that would be able to crush a Memphis Setup. I think they are the M class. Being ran off of a 1000 watt amp, thing is I heard those subs only have 250-300 watts rms.

well... maybe look into the ssd's im sure they would have plenty good quality... you would have to modify to fit comps in your jeep but only to mount the tweeter... it isnt a big deal... Maybe look into a eclipse head unit on ebay i just picked upa cd5000 for 220 shipped witch is a awesome head unit and great for budget... your on a tight budget so i would use caution with it... your gonna want to plan on a good couple hundred for wire and supplies to do the system. If i were you iwould look into some good quality used equipment and installation stuff that people on here ordered too much of and are selling off...

according to FI's website they take 1000wrms and yes, in a properly ported, strongly built enclosure, they will walk all over the memphis setup. a friend of mine has a single FI q15 in his truck. i havent heard it yet but everyone i tlak to says it is louddd...even the guy with the 18BTL was surprised lol. you should check them out at FICARAUDIO.COM

maybe something on the lines of a kicker kx2500.1...it would over power them a little but thats what gains are for. something giving you between 1800-2500wrms at 2 ohms would be great for it. can find a 2500.1 on ebay for around 400 or maybe someone here on the forum has one for sale.

Nick

with 2 dual 1 ohm subs, you can wire each sub in series then both subs in parallel to get a 1 ohm final load which will be fine for most mono amps. i believe there is a wiring diagram on the forum somewhere that you can look at to understand what i am saying. either way, you can wire them to a 1 ohm final load and that is the load that the amp will see.

5.25 is the stock size, ignore the grills. Do comps up front. Im running 5.25 comps, but If I were doing it again, I would go 6.5. you will have to drill new holes for the speakers in the doors no matter what (at least I did) so might as well do a MDF ring or some cutting in the doors.

For HU, check out http://www.millionbuy.com/piodehp5900ib.html

As far as good cheap subs, Type Rs are still great for the money, but there are other good options. Like AA Assassins (when they come out again) as well as ID, RE, etc. The ARGHS will run you about 125 shipped or so, new. You can also get away with a 1200-1500 watt amp for the pair, save you some money there. Figure about 100 for wiring, and probably 200 for deadening, or more.

FI are nice subs, but they like power. you will need an amp for the comps, etc. Its not hard to eat up that 1600 bucks.

Good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.