16 awg ok to use?

Participant count
  • Participant list

First off, PLEASE tell me you didn't pay $80 for 100 feet of that!

I personally would have gone with thicker wire, but I admittedly run thicker speaker wire than recommended by most others, so that might be a moot point. I don't like to do things twice.

I personally would have gone with thicker wire, but I admittedly run thicker speaker wire than recommended by most others, so that might be a moot point. I don't like to do things twice.
Unfortunately! Local Canadian prices. Lol

It's canadian dollars, it's like $20 american lol

I use 14(?) maybe 16 doubled up on 10kw lol unless you're over 4-5kw you can use 16awg with no problem.
14 guage speaker wire on 4k RMS? Didn't know it could handle that, I'm running wire from front doors in my ram to the back, and then using some to extend harness for dsr1 I'm putting in, another member is helping assist me put that in, I appreciate the replies

14 guage speaker wire on 4k RMS? Didn't know it could handle that, I'm running wire from front doors in my ram to the back, and then using some to extend harness for dsr1 I'm putting in, another member is helping assist me put that in, I appreciate the replies
It's AC and music, average current pull is substantially less than you'd think

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.