15s Poll

Which 15 for me

• Total voters

Silverado SS
10+ year member

Shake Pound and Rattle
Cleveland
Looking for 2 15s around 650 shipped. My options are are DC level 4s, sundown X15, AQ HDC3, FI BL stock. Any other options would be great. Looking for something 65% SPL 35%, I want it to be musical but will go to a couple shows a year and get some numbers. Not aiming for any special number but I guess 150 would be great. I have 6-7 ft to use in the back half of a truck. If you have a diffrent suggestion please tell why. They will be ran off a DD M3a Thanks

Edit: SPL audio also said he could do a pair of 1400 RMS Subs with TSS motors for around the same price

Last edited by a moderator:
I just think they look really cool with the surround and by looking at the specs they look like they're gunna be pretty badass subs. I'm not sure but I think they might be on presale. I just remember seeing they were gunna start one soon a while back. I'm thinking about getting one for my other car.

What type of music do you mostly listen to?

The HDC's would do well at 1ohm daily and .25ohm for burps off that amp.

You can also go with a bigger port/higher tuning for burps and use a port reducer for daily. I've done a lot of set ups like that which sound very good on music and put up decent numbers.

DC level 4 SQL

Sundown X SQL

HDC 3 - SPl

FI BL Stock - Most sq out of the 4

Personally i say the level 4 or X the hdc3 will get loud but wont sound as good or get as loud as the other two, the FI bl will be decent but the sq will be good.

Poll count

DC-3

X-2

FI and HDC-1

I listen to Rap, Hip Hop, old Rock and a little country. I'm surprised no one has voted for custom. I'm trying to work something out with SPL with Zv3 motors instead of the TSS which I heard islike the DD 9500. No matter which sub iI pick I will be doing a full review of it

I have pair of 18" that will slam right around your budget //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Only have room for 1 18 or 2 15s and I don't think the 18 will be musical enough because I listen to different genres. DC and Sundown are tied

Wait 6-7 cubes gross? Don't think you'll get any pair of ported 15's done properly in that. If it's 6 cubes net, then the DC's will like that the best. But I don't know about the customs, if you can make them work well then those are my vote. Be different.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...