150dB Trunk Build - 2001 Honda Civic Lx - 2 DD 9515G + 2 Sundown SAZ-3500d

Like 5.8 cu ft is what I can fit from what Ive tried. My trunk opening is what ruins everything. Im actually aiming for 150 as well. In my 96 accord, I have two 12" aq hdc4's off a sundown saz-3500. Im currently doing a 149.2 off music. If I remember correctly, my box is like 5.79 and around 4.1 net with four 4" pvc ports tuned to 37 hz. Im gonna rebuild my enclosure and have a 10" flared out external port facing inside the cabin and Im going to add another saz-3500.
Instead of taking the shortest length of your trunk opening and building a normal square box around that, take the bottom length and top length and build a angled box. I gained about 1.8 cubes by doing angled cuts that fits the trunk opening and back seat wall.

Hey OP want another 2 of those Deka's? lol...
how machh?

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Bro he has no room for his batts now lol
lol yes i do, at least room for 1 more

probably don't have room for two more. Once i get the amps in ill see how low my Vdrop is and ill go from there. Shipping is always a ***** for batts sometimes its cheaper to just buy locally.

probably don't have room for two more. Once i get the amps in ill see how low my Vdrop is and ill go from there. Shipping is always a ***** for batts sometimes its cheaper to just buy locally.
Ya shipping ***** but Im not too far.... I am just down sizing and dont need 2 of these beasts so I traded for a smaller XS... But I need to sell stuff fast so I can get my new amps...

Ya shipping ***** but Im not too far.... I am just down sizing and dont need 2 of these beasts so I traded for a smaller XS... But I need to sell stuff fast so I can get my new amps...

For sure, i get one amp in hopefully tomorrow the other on Monday. Ill know by Tuesday if i need more batts, I'm guessing i probably will. I'm putting the battcaps on the sides of the trunk so that leaves me the spare tire area to fit all the other batts I need. Ill take measurements to see if i can fit 2 more dekas

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1105-1.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

Looks great, why did you choose to not seal off the trunk and fire into the cabin? Thats the best way to get loud with a trunk. You will gain output if you can get a 45 in the corner of the port to direct the air more efficiently.
45's are not automatically a gain, contrary to popular belief.

Why did you decide to port into the cabin that way? Have you tested that orientation? I've NEVER had luck with that. I'm worried you're going to have cancellation issues.

When's the meter time? I'm tuned in for results.

45's are not automatically a gain, contrary to popular belief.
Why did you decide to port into the cabin that way? Have you tested that orientation? I've NEVER had luck with that. I'm worried you're going to have cancellation issues.

When's the meter time? I'm tuned in for results.
I would have ideally liked to port towards the trunk lid or side firing but the box is touching that wall so the port would have been firing straight into the wall. The batts are on the side so if i couldn't really side fire either. Porting up would have taken up too much cubic feet in the box. Firing the port into the cabin like that was really my only option.

Going to double baffle the box this weekend. I didn't think i would have room to put a double baffle but after seeing how easy the box slides in I should have no problem adding a second baffle. Second 3500d comes in monday so i should have meter results next week //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I wouldn't add any more height to it. You'll just end up choking the subs more than you already are. Can you just brace it instead?

I know the box is already built, and it looks great, but I tell people all the time that stuffing as much sub and box as you can in a trunk can sometimes be counter-productive. I hope it works out for you and you get your number. 150 from a trunk is no small feat.

I wouldn't add any more height to it. You'll just end up choking the subs more than you already are. Can you just brace it instead?
I know the box is already built, and it looks great, but I tell people all the time that stuffing as much sub and box as you can in a trunk can sometimes be counter-productive. I hope it works out for you and you get your number. 150 from a trunk is no small feat.
I would add the baffle on the top of the box so its not taking up any internal volume. You mean if the subs sit higher its going to choke them even more? What if i add another birch sheet on top of the box and allow a flush mount so the subs height wont change. I don't see how adding another baffle on top would hurt the subs even more if their sitting up a little higher. I would round off the edge of the bottom baffle.

Don't think adding supports will help as much as a double baffle, plus its just taking up internal volume the subs are already lacking that as is.

If you flush mount it, that will be fine. I just don't think you should get them any closer to the roof of the trunk. Even another 3/4". You need as much clearance between the subs and the roof of the trunk as you can get so the pressure can get into the cabin. It's already lagging behind the port. No need to trap it any further.

It is sometimes beneficial to have them loading off of a wall, but I don't think that applies in this case.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.