150dB Trunk Build - 2001 Honda Civic Lx - 2 DD 9515G + 2 Sundown SAZ-3500d

Drummer65
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So at the age of 19, my goal in this moment of life to hit a 150dB from the trunk haha.

Decided to go with 2 DD 9515g's strapped to two Sundown SAZ-3500d. All the equipment will be in the trunk.

Empty trunk

IMG_1084.jpg

50sq feet of AudioTechnix 60mil

IMG_1087.jpg

2 Batcap 4000's, 1 Batcap 3000's, 1 Deka 8a31

IMG_1090.jpg

Gross Volume 8 cubic feet, Net volume 6 cubic feet. Designed the box myself. Biggest box I could possibly fit in my trunk. Port will be facing inside the cabin.

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

Looks great, why did you choose to not seal off the trunk and fire into the cabin? Thats the best way to get loud with a trunk. You will gain output if you can get a 45 in the corner of the port to direct the air more efficiently.

Looks great, why did you choose to not seal off the trunk and fire into the cabin? Thats the best way to get loud with a trunk. You will gain output if you can get a 45 in the corner of the port to direct the air more efficiently.
The port will be facing into the cabin, the box is only 13.5" tall so the only option was to have the subs facing up. The port wall that is angled is whats going against the folding seats.

Looks really good, and I wish I can get 8 cubes in my accord. -sighs-
not sure if its smaller then my civic's trunk but if its anywhere close to it i'm sure you could fit 8 cubes. I would have done 2 8" external aero port into the cabin however I wanted to be able to fold the seats up. After port and sub displacement im right around 6 cubic feet.

And why the 3miss matched batterys...??! Lol

Was that angel on the box help it to fit im guessing..??

Its what i could afford haha. Depending on my voltage drop I may have to invest in some D3100's

What kind of wood is that also...? Birch maybe..??
yup birch

not sure if its smaller then my civic's trunk but if its anywhere close to it i'm sure you could fit 8 cubes. I would have done 2 8" external aero port into the cabin however I wanted to be able to fold the seats up. After port and sub displacement im right around 6 cubic feet.

Its what i could afford haha. Depending on my voltage drop I may have to invest in some D3100's

yup birch
Like 5.8 cu ft is what I can fit from what Ive tried. My trunk opening is what ruins everything. Im actually aiming for 150 as well. In my 96 accord, I have two 12" aq hdc4's off a sundown saz-3500. Im currently doing a 149.2 off music. If I remember correctly, my box is like 5.79 and around 4.1 net with four 4" pvc ports tuned to 37 hz. Im gonna rebuild my enclosure and have a 10" flared out external port facing inside the cabin and Im going to add another saz-3500.

Ic... I mite buy a 01 accord this weekend... Gota help my cousin get outa of his marriage. "psycho F'n kunnt wife is the real problem"!! See is hooked on pain killers and has him(and herself) in Financial debt. Really bad situation....

Any chance you would sell the cut for a box like yours.???

Like 5.8 cu ft is what I can fit from what Ive tried. My trunk opening is what ruins everything. Im actually aiming for 150 as well. In my 96 accord, I have two 12" aq hdc4's off a sundown saz-3500. Im currently doing a 149.2 off music. If I remember correctly, my box is like 5.79 and around 4.1 net with four 4" pvc ports tuned to 37 hz. Im gonna rebuild my enclosure and have a 10" flared out external port facing inside the cabin and Im going to add another saz-3500.
I had the same car you did... The truck opening is what restricts putting a bigger box in... My 03 grand prix in the se way... :-/

Lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.